Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like vs Survival Laser vs Laserer

Hi all, my first day on the Laser Pointer forum ,also my first post.
So go easy on me eh?

Have been looking for a decent laser for a while now , but with so many different choices is a bit hard to choose.

After looking around for a bit I found a few companies that caught my eye.

• O-like , economical laser, with some dodgy products I heard.
  • Survival laser, made in USA , not as sophisticated and much less functions (e.g: no waterproof o-ring) but I HEARD quality is a tad better.
  • and Laserer , which i read some good reviews , but not really sure about independent sellers that have a face. (used to faceless companies for a tash too long)

Nevertheless, the lasers made aren't cheap , so I went on YouTube and found a few videos are how to make a Laser pointer yourself. (by StyroPyro ofc).

It suddenly hits me.

Many of the companies are simply making laser pointers out of Ultrafire Flashlight parts and then slapping their own label on it!!!
:banned:

So now.. i basically have no idea who to buy from ....... :cryyy:

Last edited:

All companies pretty much do this, they buy hosts in bulk, slap their label on it and out it goes. Very few have specially made exclusive hosts so don't let that discourage you.

Personally I'd go with survival laser because their quality and service is good, but you can't really go wrong with lazerer either. GL

All companies pretty much do this, they buy hosts in bulk, slap their label on it and out it goes. Very few have specially made exclusive hosts so don't let that discourage you.

Personally I'd go with survival laser because their quality and service is good, but you can't really go wrong with lazerer either. GL

what about CNI and warnlaser tho?
If LaserPointerForum allows them to advertise on the site, they can't be half bad right?

I had that logic at first but that isn't necessarily the case. $ runs the forum so a lot of companies get adverts, even it they aren't #1.

I've seen warnlaser get bad reviews, and CNI is known for quality and very high prices.

I had that logic at first but that isn't necessarily the case. $ runs the forum so a lot of companies get adverts, even it they aren't #1.

I've seen warnlaser get bad reviews, and CNI is known for quality and very high prices.

Quality and very high price?
Seems about right, but how high is high?

I heard that some of their green 500mw lasers goes as far as $900 USD .
Thats VERY pricey.... you can almost buy a decent 2nd hand car for that

Why are their lasers so expensive... there must be a reason for that

Last edited:
We'll I don't have all the answers. Muddle through the review section for a while and see what people have said.

norbyx

Quality and very high price?
Seems about right, but how high is high?

I heard that some of their green 500mw lasers goes as far as $900 USD .
Thats VERY pricey.... you can almost buy a decent 2nd hand car for that

Why are their lasers so expensive... there must be a reason for that

I don't know about the green laser from CNI but let me tell you that green lasers, along with various other wavelenghts, are very expensive when they are powerfull.
The reason is that to make such lasers it is not easy. Why ... well you need to read a bit more and you will understand it. Make a search on DPSS lasers and find out more.

Laik

I would go with survival lasers. They now have first-class shipping :)

survival lasers are known for their superior quality and customer service, they would be a great option to go with. lazerer also offer great lasers that are bang on spec or either way over spec

survival lasers are known for their superior quality and customer service, they would be a great option to go with. lazerer also offer great lasers that are bang on spec or either way over spec
Anyway. Guess I went with the wrong bet by going O-like huh...

Last edited:
Yes, you did. Basing your decision on who buys advert space on the site is dumb. You asked what was good, we told you, don't continue to question it without any experience.

edz55

I'd just buy it from this site since there usually a bit cheaper and better made.

I'd just buy it from this site since there usually a bit cheaper and better made.

well I would , but then again.
Im not entirely sure about purchasing from someone that isnt traceable IF he kicks the can and shrugs.

Blord seems like a nice guy tho

o like is not horrible it is more of a hit and miss kind of deal. lots of people have o like lasers even the 400mw greens,, and they are all fine but a number do report problems from o like ,,, so if you have a bit of luck you should be good

well I would , but then again.
Im not entirely sure about purchasing from someone that isnt traceable IF he kicks the can and shrugs.

Blord seems like a nice guy tho

Paypal protects buyers far more than sellers, sellers really are the ones taking the risk.