Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like TTL Green laser Module 50mW

O-Like TTL Green laser Module 50mW - help needed

Industrial TTL Green laser Module 50~60mW£*>5¡«500mW green laser module£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com

Has anyone used this before? I am curious to know what input voltage people have given this?

I can't seem to get anything to come out of the laser with a 5V DC input voltage.. tried 2 difference power sources. Tried it with my laser scanner for the TTL input and also with wiring the TTL connections together with no luck..

I already sent a message to Susie asking about it and to start the exchange process, but thought someone on here might have used it before.

I have a suspicion that the 5V DC is incorrect on their site, looking at the electronics inside it I believe it might take 90-240VAC from the wall for power. Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to fry the entire thing based on a guess..

pictures attached.

any help is appreciated,
thanks,
Kendall

Attachments

• olike50mW.jpg
    olike50mW.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 496
  • olike50mW2.jpg
    olike50mW2.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 720
  • olike50mW3.jpg
    olike50mW3.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 1,682
Last edited:

I'm pretty sure you need to send 5V through both the main power AND through the TTL (you don't just jump them). I had to learn this the hard way (I BROKE the driver on the exact one above^^. I ended up replacing it with the other O-like driver, the CC power one)

I'm pretty sure you need to send 5V through both the main power AND through the TTL (you don't just jump them). I had to learn this the hard way (I BROKE the driver on the exact one above^^. I ended up replacing it with the other O-like driver, the CC power one)

so you did get it working with 5V DC power input?

I'll try that out putting 5V DC into both spots..

thanks for your reply

That's definitely possible.. reverse TTL is nothing new. Actually, the lasers that turn on with no voltage on the TTL are "reverse". If this laser require 5V on the TTL to turn on, then it's true TTL.

Tried the module out with 5V going into main power and to the TTL but still nothing.

I confirmed from Susie that the input voltage shouuld be 5V DC and she's going to exchange it.. I'm not going to mess with this 5V crap and am going to exchange the 50mW module for the 100mW TEC cooled one that runs on 90-240VAC and I'll pay the difference. Thanks for the suggestion EF, Susie seems fine with doing that.

thanks,
Kendall