Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like Tactical

Hello, I am considering purchasing the O-Like 1.2w Tactical and i have a few questions/concerns that Google/Youtube couldn't answer for me.
1. How does it's power compare to 1 watt lasers such as the Spartan, Rayfoss, and Arctic.

2. Which end of the battery do you insert first? there seems to be a lot of confusion about this on other forums and Youtube. I don't want to risk hurting it if i buy it and put the batteries in backwards.

3. How well does it focus? can it be focused to say... the width of a hair?

One final question, how does O-Like ship items to get them past US Customs? I am concerned about this for i have never bought a fully assembled laser from somewhere outside of the US before.

Many thanks to those of you who took the time to answer me:)
:thanks:

1. The 1.2W Tactical is a good laser... it should give you a minimum of 1.1W raw optical output. Which puts it well above the Arctic, and at least equal to but likely more powerful than the spartan. O-like has a somewhat better reputation than rayfoss, but their lasers are more or less equal in quality, though o-like is definitely easier to get in touch with.

2. + Towards tail cap.

3. It is focusable to a point that would be the width of a hair, but if you're referring to now the beam would look, it's rectangular, just like most 445nm lasers.

O-like does ship to the US, what they do is mark the lasers as $10 flashlights. On an xray machine this makes they do look like a flashlight, so generally there are no problems. I've ordered from them repeatedly and so far so good. Many people order from them all the time without a problem. It is a risk though, so I would advice against ordering more than one laser at a time.

Of the three lasers that you're looking at... the 1.2W O-like is IMO the best option. Some might argue for the Spartan, but I don't think it's a fair comparison since the spartan is not focusable and it is somewhat more expensive.

With all that said, I think you should take a look at what people are selling on the forum, as generally you will find better built lasers, and probably for less.

EDIT: I see that this will me your first powerful 445nm laser. You absolute need goggles for protection with this laser. I'm sure you know this already, but the ones you have for 665nm will not work at all for 445nm. Order a pair either from dragonlasers, or Eagle Pair goggles from survivallaser.com.

Last edited:
1. The 1.2W Tactical is a good laser... it should give you a minimum of 1.1W raw optical output. Which puts it well above the Arctic, and at least equal to but likely more powerful than the spartan. O-like has a somewhat better reputation than rayfoss, but their lasers are more or less equal in quality, though o-like is definitely easier to get in touch with.

2. + Towards tail cap.

3. It is focusable to a point that would be the width of a hair, but if you're referring to now the beam would look, it's rectangular, just like most 445nm lasers.

O-like does ship to the US, what they do is mark the lasers as $10 flashlights. On an xray machine this makes they do look like a flashlight, so generally there are no problems. I've ordered from them repeatedly and so far so good. Many people order from them all the time without a problem. It is a risk though, so I would advice against ordering more than one laser at a time.

Of the three lasers that you're looking at... the 1.2W O-like is IMO the best option. Some might argue for the Spartan, but I don't think it's a fair comparison since the spartan is not focusable and it is somewhat more expensive.

With all that said, I think you should take a look at what people are selling on the forum, as generally you will find better built lasers, and probably for less.

EDIT: I see that this will me your first powerful 445nm laser. You absolute need goggles for protection with this laser. I'm sure you know this already, but the ones you have for 665nm will not work at all for 445nm. Order a pair either from dragonlasers, or Eagle Pair goggles from survivallaser.com.

Thank you for your reply:) I will look into DL and survivallaser's goggles, but i would prefer to order them from the same company as to combine the shipping costs and overall simplify things. What do you think of O-Like's 370nm - 560nm goggles for $19.99? I'm assuming that they cover 445nm.

I really wouldn't trust those to handle a direct hit from a 1W+ laser. Even talking to Susie (o-like customer service) they don't recommend those goggles for the 1W+ lasers.

If you take a look, you'll see the more expensive goggles they sell are actually Eagle Pair: 405nm,445nm,808nm,1064nm safety goggles/200-450,800-2000nm [OLLS1064] - $45.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Different than the ones sold by survivallaser so I can't vouch for them... the eagle pair from survival laser have been tested by me as well as many others.

You only get two eyes... it's worth the extra hassle:D