Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like shipping Question

I ordered a 200mW red laser from o-like using flat rate shipping but i heard getting the batteries separate is good for getting past customs. Can anyone who ordered from o-like tell me their experience with flat rate shipping, did you get your fully assembled laser confiscated using this kind of shipping?

I ordered the New Style waterproof red laser 200mW /adjustable (OLNWRL200) on March 17th, 2010

I had it ordered via the flat rate battery and laser came in same bag/box

Detailed Results:

Foreign Acceptance, March 19, 2010, 6:11 pm, HONG KONG
Foreign International Dispatch, March 23, 2010, 9:24 am, HK AIR MAIL CENTRE
Delivered, March 27, 2010, 1:25 pm

10 days in total
---------------------------------

I have since ordered the following lasers on 4-5-10 and was given a tracking number but there has been no status on this shipment and both tracking sites don't recognize the number that was given....... :cryyy:

1 x 405nm 10mW blu-ray pen /adjustable (OLBVL10) = $23.99
2 x 50mW transformable green laser/adjustable (OLV650) = $79.98

9 days and no idea where these are......

SuperGlue

I ordered the New Style waterproof red laser 200mW /adjustable (OLNWRL200) on March 17th, 2010

I had it ordered via the flat rate battery and laser came in same bag/box

Detailed Results:

Foreign Acceptance, March 19, 2010, 6:11 pm, HONG KONG
Foreign International Dispatch, March 23, 2010, 9:24 am, HK AIR MAIL CENTRE
Delivered, March 27, 2010, 1:25 pm

10 days in total
---------------------------------

I have since ordered the following lasers on 4-5-10 and was given a tracking number but there has been no status on this shipment and both tracking sites don't recognize the number that was given....... :cryyy:

1 x 405nm 10mW blu-ray pen /adjustable (OLBVL10) = $23.99
2 x 50mW transformable green laser/adjustable (OLV650) = $79.98

9 days and no idea where these are......

SuperGlue

I also ordered a 200mW red from o-like....
Ordered it on the 4th......

Both sites do not recognize my tracking number either....
Starting to get a little worried.

Not only that but o-like's website has been down for two days now.

I did receive this response from Susie early this morning....

Thanks for your support on our wesbsite ,I just checked from post office that the goods shipping of April 07 and April 08,April 09 goods are all strict checked by customs , maybe raid or other cause . anyway I got that it is through customs ,and will be on the internet within 3days

sorry for inconvenience

Thanks
Susie

I definately appreciate her quick response (reguardless if it good news or bad, of which I am uncertain of at this time)

I did receive this response from Susie early this morning....

Thanks for your support on our wesbsite ,I just checked from post office that the goods shipping of April 07 and April 08,April 09 goods are all strict checked by customs , maybe raid or other cause . anyway I got that it is through customs ,and will be on the internet within 3days

sorry for inconvenience

Thanks
Susie

I definately appreciate her quick response (reguardless if it good news or bad, of which I am uncertain of at this time)
they confiscated yours? what kind of shipping did you use?

AndyR

Sounds to me like it got through customs, just that a strict check by them delayed the package.
"anyway I got that it is through customs "

I ordered a laser on the 4th. It shipped out on the 8th. My tracking number isn't showing up either. I emailed Susie yesterday. She emailed me back today saying the same thing. "china customs strict checked all shipments April 7,8,9 were being held for 3 days and then the tracking number will be up"

I find this strange because she told you the same thing a few days ago. Not only that but if my order shipped on the 8th. And was held by customs for 3 days. It would have continued shipping on the 11th or the 12th. It is now the 18th, and my tracking numbers still don't work.....

I'm starting to get a little worried. I am normally a pretty patient person. But I ordered on the 4th and its almost the 20th. I am starting to think that something bad happened to the 7,8,9th shipments. :(

Ouch man I ordered mine she gave me a tracking number and it says it left hong kong air mail for its destination but its been 3 days (excluding today) and they haven't updated anything. It says nothing about customs on my order history. Did you get the batteries separate?

No. I got it all shipped together.
It doesn't say in my order status anything about cystomsl she just told me that china customs held all shipments 7,8,9th for 3 days. But my tracking numbers don't work at all. Both sites just say no record of that item/tracking number.

If china customs held all shipments for 3 days that would be around the 12th that they all shipped out. Which would still give like 6 days for the tracking information to show up online. And yet nothing shows up under that number.......

:(:(:(

Hurray!,

The Tracking number now shows something!

-----------------------------------------------------
Label/Receipt Number: **** **** **** *
Service(s): Registered Mail™

Your item was accepted in HONG KONG on April 15, 2010 at 2:53 PM. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
-------------------------------------------------------
:drool:

Hurray!,

The Tracking number now shows something!

-----------------------------------------------------
Label/Receipt Number: **** **** **** *
Service(s): Registered Mail™

Your item was accepted in HONG KONG on April 15, 2010 at 2:53 PM. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
-------------------------------------------------------
:drool:

Mine still hasn't showed up man. Ordered on the 4th. Shipped out on the 8th. Tracking numbers wont work on either site. Susie gave me the same response that she gave you....

I am happy that your tracking numbers finally showed up....

My tracking numbers however, still have not showed up. Which means my package still probably isn't even accepted into Hong Kong yet. :(

I know this is not O-like's fault, or Susie's fault....

Last edited:

HIMNL9

It depend also from your country, not from HK post only ..... i already ordered some items from o-like in the past, they usually need from 6 to 12 days for arrive from HK to my custom office (Linate Pozzolo, Italy), and, if the costom office don't "loose in transit" them (just a diplomatic way for say that they don't steal them :p), it need again from 20 to 30 days for arrive to my home from custom office (yes, we have one of the slowest postal systems of all the world ..... not just this, but, as example, some online sellers states clearly on their sites and auctions that they sell everywhere in the world EXCEPT Italy, cause too much packages go "lost in transit" through our custom offices ..... figure you how we can be proud of this :p)

Well I just checked the tracking number again....

and its up now!

I think that it is already in the states.

It says

"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

And it already went though the "foreign international dispatch" process.
:)

I ordererd mine with the batteries.a 200 mw red one.it came later than usual cause of some chinese holiday