Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like Power Rock: 150 mW - Review

Review of O-like Power Rock 150 mW - 532nm

Shipping
Unfortunately i bought it on a holiday, so i can't really blame them for the processing time:
  • Processing: 5 days.
  • Shipping: 10 days.
Total: 15 days.

Unlucky as i am it got caught by the customers, so i had to pay an extra ~ 40 bucks. The package it was shipped in was declared to have a totally value on $25, so i didn't had to pay so much VAT, but the fees was about $35. Next time i think i ask them to set the total value to less than $15
The Package
35cjyhi.jpg

The package came with the following things:
  • The laser
  • A 18650 battery
  • A battery charger
  • A belt bag
They were all in a lot of bubble plast, and were fully intact when they arrived.

The items
The laser came in a nice little belt bag.

24gpqxk.jpg

It doesn't really looks like the black one from the picture. This one has a military look. For me it doesn't really matter, as i think they both looks cool.

Inside of the belt bag is the laser:

53wwma.jpg

The laser is a lot smaller than expected, but it feels good in the hand, and it doesn't have a cheap feeling. I actually really like the host.

The charger
2ic5dw2.jpg

The included battery charger was a AC110, so i had to go the store to buy a AC110 to european converter. You should be aware of this if you live in EU. O-like also have an adapter/converter if you dont have one urself:
- European converter /adapter [OLED] - $1.50

When it's not charged it is red, and after some time it starts blinking for some reason. When charged it turns green and again - after some time it start blinking.

Safety glasses

155051w.jpg

For safety glasses i bought 2x this one:
- 190nm 540nm Safety Glasses | eBay

The build quaility isn't the best, but they work for what they are designed to. I can only see a little dot when i have them on (I guess i can see about 0,1-0,15 mW) so it would probably be ~ OD +3 (Can't tell for sure as i don't have a LPM). I've heared a lot complaining about this cheap ones beeing unsafe, but i did some test's (Holding the laser at them for about 10 seconds) and it passed them all. :yh:

The laser

Picture of the laser
k3155s.jpg

And with a little photoshopping (Too much time, i know oO):
15gwf12.jpg

The laser is rated at >125mW. I can't really tell if this is true but i think it is about 160mW.

It is focusable and waterproof. I'm not sure if i will test the waterproofness, but it's nice knowing it is.

The dot quality of the laser is fine. There is no temp jumping. I think there is a little dust/chinese kid fingerprints on the lens, but it's really hard to see. :thinking:

I just tested some burning and it light matches in 0-1,5 second. I also tried to burn though a cd case and it took ~ 10 seconds. I might add a video when i get some more matches :)

Beamshots

2uxvazn.jpg

4tttlf.jpg

2aj1b2c.jpg

Conclusion

• Shipping: 8,5/10 (Great packed, and they shipped it when right after the holiday)
  • Quaility: 9,5/10 (Great host !)
  • Spec of the laser: 9/10 (Again i can't be sure what the spec is, but i think it's up to spec :))
Total: 9/10.

Last edited:

Nice review....

You have a link to a Converter and the Laser Safety Glasses.
How about a link to the Laser under Review...

BTW it is near impossible to know the power output of a Laser
without a calibrated LPM...:beer:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Nice review....

You have a link to a Converter and the Laser Safety Glasses.
How about a link to the Laser under Review...

BTW it is near impossible to know the power output of a Laser
without a calibrated LPM...:beer:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics
Thanks. And yeh, there should ofc be a link to the laser :) Just keep in mind that this is my first laser review.

I know i can't know what the real power is, but i'm not really gonna buy a LPM for $70-300 as it seems to expensive for something i'm gonna use 1-3 times, and especially for a student like me :)

Got any "real" beam shots? lol?

I actually tried to take some, but my camera doesn't seem to pick up the beam really well. On my camera it looks like a 10mW laser :wtf:. But i can try to see if i can get another camera :)

Last edited:

Cel

Good review, but missing beamshots.

And could you resize the pictures?

Good review, but missing beamshots.

And could you resize the pictures?

Thanks, and yeah.

Is there any fancy feature to resize them or do i have to upload them again :thinking:?

Cel

It depends on where have you uploaded them, and which photo editor you are using.

Cel

Good job now!

It seem to be as bright as my ebay pen. Weird.

Good job now!

It seem to be as bright as my ebay pen. Weird.

Even though i choosed the night option, it isnt as bright on the pictures as in irl. Before i turned the night option on it didnt even catched the beam :p

I also have a green power rock, but mine is the 50mW version. The host I have doesn't have the yellow and black stick on the side, but I did get the same camo belt holster for it. I also received an unmarked pinkish-red battery instead of an ultrafire branded one, but I would assume it's probably just as cheap. Nice little review you have. :)

Good to see that they are putting lasers In a box.
Mine came in a padded envelope with no bubble wrap.
And did not work.

Good review!

50Cows

I ordered a 50mw rock from O-Like and it is still pending, hopefully it will ship today or tomarrow. It's been over 4 days.

Update:

On the 25th the laser started to act weird. After about 30 seconds of having it on it suddendly get 2-3 dot's. I messaged O-like about the problem and after 1,5 day they replied that it was a crystal problem, and today they sent me a brand new module as registered mail for free.

The best thing about this was that i didn't even needed to send it back. I just wrote them an e-mail. So pleased with their service :) !

Last edited: