Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"O-Like New Cute" Greenie Problem...

Hey guys, I got the laser below over six months ago and it has been working great since day one. It came packaged in bubble wrap and looked pretty plain, but it worked. I ordered the same product in December and had it arrive a week ago. I gave it to a friend who paid me for it, and now it won't work. I opened it up and now there is a really strong fried electronics smell... Any ideas on what could have gone wrong, or could this be a manufacturing problem? My friend says he stayed well within the 1 minute duty cycle, but did use it frequently during the time it did work... Thanks for the input :)

New cute pocket Green laser 100mW /adjustable [OLCGL100] - $71.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

If there is a fried electronics smell, it's possible they just put the battery in backwards.

Last edited:

Trevor

If there is a fried electronics smell, it's possible they just put the battery in backwards.

If he had done that, all that would have happened was the laser would have repaired things by sucking photons out of them until it was flown to China to be disassembled, turned into raw materials, and buried. :whistle:

-Trevor

twhite828 is a genius. any doubters can look into my 1.1W 445 with their remaining eye :p

it wont turn on at all, but to get a closer look i might need to remove the diode and driver assembly from the host. i can dissemble it so the lens and focus is removed, but how would i get the driver out?

Battery reversal will easily kill a laser. I put an 18650 backwards into one of my lights and though it still works, there was a nasty burning smell in the battery tube. It is most likely the problem I mentioned in the first post, ask them how they inserted the battery to be certain.