Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like, Lazerer, or Moh's add a diode hosts for 5-6 laser set?

BIGGUN

Hi all!

I've been lurking on and off for a while and started researching and reading the threads for the last 2 days straight (as long as the site would let me).

I'd like to put together a 5-6 laser set of different colors in the same hosts.

I like the looks of the O-Like Power Rock and Lazerer Rifle or was thinking of getting some of Moh's C-6 add a diode hosts. I am considering a 400 mW 405, a 1 to 1.5 W 445, a 200+ mW 532, a 200+ mW 635, a 200+ mW 650, and an extra or 2 ???? I'm not sure if the C-6 hosts will accept a driver for the green one though.

I figure I should be able to put a set together for around $600 if I buy
completed units. If I can put them together with add a diode kits I should be able to save a little and use the extra cash for better lenses or diodes or a
beam expander or ????? :)

So that brings up another thought. Are there any beam expanders out there
for the C-6 or other hosts, or will this be a custom made item?

O.K., now that I let you know what I'm looking to do, do you think that the
O-like or Lazerer are good choices? Do you recommend I look at others? Are there other or better options for a drop in diode host?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

BIGGUN

One other thing I wanted to comfirm.

If I get the googles that O-Like offers would I be able to get sufficient protection by buying two pairs (370-560nm and 590-780)? Another concern is if the googles used for the green laser cuts the IR that is produced from them?

I would be happy if this were the case but am not willing to sacrifice my eyes or those of others to save a few bucks.

Thanks again,
Kevin

BIGGUN

So, one of these.....Eagle Pair® 190-400nm & 580-760nm

and one of these....Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 900-1700nm

Should cover me for everything in the spectrums that I'm looking at. But what do you do for the IR from the green?

Thanks,
Kevin

BIGGUN

Is OD 2.5 enough for 532nm?

I think this covers it. Unless I'm missing something.

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-2000nm Laser Safety Goggles

Eagle Pair® brand protective laser safety goggles for combined 190-540nm & 800-2000nm wavelengths. These goggles have 20% visible light transmission, protect to a level of OD 4+ (reduce the intensity of 190-540nm and 800-2000nm laser light by a factor of 10,000 or more), and are CE certified. They are suitable for use with 405nm violet, 445nm blue, and 532nm DPSS green lasers that may also produce significant amounts of unfiltered 808nm and 1064nm infrared light. These Eagle Pair goggles may be used when looking at the spot created by a 10 watt or lower power laser on a non-reflective surface. However, you should NEVER look directly into any laser beam or its direct reflection even when wearing laser safety goggles. Eagle Pair laser safety goggles come with a cleaning cloth and protective case (case appearance may be different than that shown). Note: These goggles are for personal use only, not for any commercial use that is regulated by OSHA.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:
Those Eagle Pair from SL will cover both 808nm and 1064nm IR.

Glenn

BIGGUN

It looks like the goggles were the easy question. :thanks:

What about the host questions?

Will a C-6 host accept the longer module for a 532nm?

Is one host easier than another to find beam expanders for?

Am I overlooking anything in comparing these hosts? Is there any difference other than liking the appearance of one more than the other?

Thanks again,
Kevin

BIGGUN

Here's the answer about the C-6 hosting a 532nm.

Mohgasm Answered this in his other thread.
"The green module will work. You just end up removing the internal pill to allow the green module to fit, and power it with a single CR123.
as for the beam expanders, i really don't know."

Just in case anyone is following along,
Kevin

BIGGUN

OK. Just threw Survival Laser into the mix now that I stumbled across the LPF discount thread. Figuring I can buy his three then get Moh's kits to fill in the blanks and have a complete C-6 set.

BIGGUN

Cool!

So I take it that you like the Rifles (seeing that you have 3). :)

Any list of pros and cons for them?

Thanks,
Kevin