Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like laser shipping, customs

on the 12th of january ordered the 1 watt 445nm laser from o-like for 209 dollars. as of the 18th it now is in the foreign international dispatch stage. i know shipping will take a while but im concerned that customs will take it. i live in new york, so an estimate of the time it will take for it to come will be usefull. do you guys think it will be seized by customs?

Hi,

According to o-like's table of shipping times, your laser shoud come within 12-18 Business days.

I don't think it will be seized by customs, since o-like has their own way to send it so it can not be recognized as a laser delivery.

I know that there are poeple here who are from the US and got their high powered lasers from o-like, DL and other companies with no problem.

I ordered the 400mW 405nm Hand held laser from O-Like on Jan 4th and received it with in 2 1/2 weeks. I also did the DHL fast shipping option.

I ordered the 400mW 405nm Hand held laser from O-Like on Jan 4th and received it with in 2 1/2 weeks. I also did the DHL fast shipping option.

So do I, but they ask me what is my VAT number... What is this? I don't have this, will it be a problem?

So do I, but they ask me what is my VAT number... What is this? I don't have this, will it be a problem?

VAT number is used in the EU. It's a kind of tax identification number. Try to write in the Google: "what is a vat number" and you'll be smarter. :)

I also live in NY and ordered a few things from O-like on 01/21/2011. I paid with my credit card through Pay-Pal. The payment went through without any problem. However, since 01/21/2011 nothing happened beside an instant automated reply from the O-like. I keep checking their web site and it still states "Processing." During order I wrote in the comment section the following: "Please, ship separately the laser units from the batteries and chargers in a different package and list the lasers as flashlights on the form. Thanks!
I also added the upgraded expedited shipping choice."
10 days passed without any progress. :whistle:
Now, I'm about to write an e-mail to them in order to call their attention to this delay. They seem to "sit on my money."
If they will not respond I have to start a dispute with the help of Pay-Pal.
I really hope that they will send my packages before Chinese New Year, because if I know well they celebrate Chinese New Year for more than 10 days. That would be another delay...

Arshus

O-like will always, eventually deliver. Shipments may take 3-4 weeks. I ordered on 1/2/11 and it shipped 10 days later on 1/12/11, and it got here on the 1/28/11.

-Sal

Wasn't Chinese holiday to start on 02/01/2011? If that's correct forget about anything for the next week to 10 days.

Wow. That sucks steve :(

Yeah, great time! :D
Anyway, I just survive this holiday too just like the rest! ;)

Going to sleep now...be back tomorrow...uhm...today!

UPDATE:
In a matter of few hours an O-like representative have replied to my e-mail with a well detailed answer.
The comments for your order are: Good Day ,Sir
we shipped your order on Jan 27...
:wave: Hurray! :wave:
Now, I only have to wait for the arrival of the packages...
(They forgot to update on their web site the status of the shipment...)

Last edited:
i ordered a 400mw 405nm from o-like with the DHL shipping and it got to california in about 2 weeks.

i was impressed with the quality. my emails had prompt replies. no customs issues. charger came the next day.

if you do the DHL shipping i dont think it gets roughed up as much. they are pretty ruthless with the regular mail.

JZAW11

I have just ordered "405nm 400mw blu-ray" from o-like sinse june 18th(which was a saturday)from so on, the order status has been saying "processing" for the last 6 friggin days, well maybe the problem is that during the order i forgot to put in the special comments for the order, but idk, i am new to o-like and i have no clue how it ships, i used $5.00 "USPS" shipping, and i have sent numerous messages to o-like support and haven't got crap, so please someone explain to me how does o-like work, and how do i know if they shipped it out or not? please

ARG

When they ship it out they will give you a tracking number

Last edited:

JZAW11

the only one thing i dont understand is, o-like says it takes 2-3 days of processing, and now its been 6 days and the status has been the same, does it sometimes take more than 3 days to process? thanks