Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like first order

So after doing some reading here I decided to order a few lasers from O-Like.

1 x Sharp Green 100mW
1 x Sharp Red 250mW
1 x Sharp Violet 400mW
1 x Pack of 5 freznel lenses suitable for Sharp hosts.
2 x set of loose freznel lenses.
2 x goggles
1 x Small laser disco light (for £20 it's got to be worth that in parts :) )

Tried to order it, got stuck at the payment stage - "Visa card not working, try another". Only have one.

So I emailed Susie, listing my order and asking her if she can send me a PayPal invoice.

Which she does! Lovely! And she invoices me for the total and doesn't add any postage - must have let me off postage as a sorry for the problems with payment. Very good.

The order was shipped in two packages to avoid customs problems.

After getting both of them I realise that the Violet laser has changed from a 400mW Sharp laser to a 50mW generic pen laser.

And going back onto the O0Like website and looking at the order it's changed to show the pen laser, and P&P has been added, and the total is £35 less than I paid.

Have emailed Susie to sort this out, which I've no doubt she will.

The green laser (most expensive one) died after a couple of minutes with that nice fried electronic component smell we all love coming out of the battery compartment. So Susie is sending me a new laser module to replace the dead one. When I've changed it I'll see if it's the driver or laser that has died in the original module.

So, quite a bit of confusion due to the payment site screwing up, and an (almost) DOA green laser, but I'm happy that it will get sorted out.

The Sharp hosts are cool - they take one 16850 each, look exactly the same, same belt holster too. Oddly the green and red take the battery different way around, but there's a nice big label on the hosts to tell you which way to put the battery in!

I'm looking forward to having 3 of these all lined up, together with my 1.8W blue and 5mW green pen :)

Hey Fraggle,

Yeah I had a few hurdles with the payment for O-like - but soon discovered that Susie is a great help. I am waiting for delivery and will be making product & company reviews when I receive them.

Confused - if I wanted to make a "Combined product & company review". Anybody know where I should post it? Maybe I should make a thread in each section with a link to the review. LOL.

Here is my first post (deciding on lasers), and here is my second post (problems & solutions with O-like).