Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 532nm 200mw received but there's a problem

MikjoA

Hi all,

Thanks all of you first, I read many topics here before purchasing my 1st laser! It really helped me to choose.

So I've bought the Power Rock Green laser Torsh 200MW focusable&waterprof from o-Like

The shipment was quick, I bought it on March 10, and I've just received it few minutes ago. (I'm living in France).

The package was neither bad nor good.

I also bought these goggles I think they are quite good.

Back to thee laser itself now, look very great and the case is well finished.
However I noticed that the lens was cracked in the center...

120320014645249333.jpg

The battery is charging for now, but I tried it first in the laser and nothing happened... well I hope the battery was simply empty and the laser still work.

I contacted O-Like just few minutes ago, I hope they will send a new lens cap or laser...

That is just the waterproofing piece of glass. Are you interested in using the waterproof feature? If not you should be able to take the cap off and pop that little thing out of there. I did that with my O-Like 400mw 405nm torch to raise the output slightly. But if you want it to be waterproof by all means contact O-Like. If they don't want to help you or you have to ship it back or something I would just remove that piece of glass.

MikjoA

Thank you for the advice :) I don't really mind about waterproof, I'll be removing it... but I'm afraid the laser is likely to be faulty... not sure though but even after on hour of charge it didn't light up.. I'm going to try again when it is fully charged

Are you putting the battery in with the plus + towards the tail cap?

MikjoA

I've just tried once more, battery is now fully charged, I put the + towards the tail cap and it doesn't work at all :(

Last edited:
On your previous attempts, did you perhaps put the battery in the wrong way?

If you did, then I'm afraid you broke the laser yourself and won't recieve a refund or replacement.

If not, you should recieve a replacement since the laser was DOA.

MikjoA

I have only tried it with the + towards the tail cap, I'm disappointed I hope it will be easy to get it refunded or replaced...

My order from o-like had satisfactory packing, it was rolled up in a long strip of bubble wrap. The box it was in was barely in 1 piece.

On your previous attempts, did you perhaps put the battery in the wrong way?

If you did, then I'm afraid you broke the laser yourself and won't recieve a refund or replacement.

If not, you should recieve a replacement since the laser was DOA.

Anyway Eud don't worry about this possible mistake or not, because the
drivers from Olike lasers have a reverse polarity protection.

In fact, today all laser drivers (or nearly all) have this protection because if
not, many drivers may end up in trash.

@ MikjoA, If the laser came with broken parts and it does not work, do not
touch anything and talk with Olike for to solve the problem.

MikjoA

@ MikjoA, If the laser came with broken parts and it does not work, do not
touch anything and talk with Olike for to solve the problem.

I contacted them and replied to me very quickly. I followed their advices and now my laser is working :)

The problem came from the tail cap, in fact the laser won't work until the cap tail is fully srewed.
Each time I tried it before I had fully screwed the tail cap.

The beam is very bright :)

I'll try it again as soon as possible. I'll keep you updated

MikjoA

Thank you :)

by the way is it dangerous to look unprotected at the dot pointing a wall for instance ?
Because I did just a sec I looked at the dot pointing wall (6-7 meters to me) to see how it was, and then I put back the goggle.

How else are you supposed to enjoy your laser?

I keep pointing mine around the room without any goggles on, BUT with using a lot of common sense. Don't point into reflective stuff, and into doors and windows, because you never know who might pop out into the beam's path.

With goggles, you're only protecting yourself, don't forget those around you!

MikjoA

That is just the waterproofing piece of glass. Are you interested in using the waterproof feature? If not you should be able to take the cap off and pop that little thing out of there. I did that with my O-Like 400mw 405nm torch to raise the output slightly.

How did you remove it ? I'd like to do it too, the crack is diffracting the beam into a line at some focus.

I took the cap off but then I don't see how to proceed...

[edit] nevermind, I did :)

Last edited: