Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 520nm?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying this laser from O-like. I searched the forum but couldn't seem to find any reviews, has anyone bought this particular laser?
Any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

I like O-Like but I could not get an order to go through a couple days ago.

Have you been able to place an order lately?

---------

In answer to your question, the laser should work just fine, I have that same housing with a 400mw 405nm in it, it's a good housing for a 1w or less diode, waterproof too with a double o-ring seal on the front and on the focus shaft.

It has an AR coated waterproof dust window in the front.

My 405 in that housing from O-like has been a good one.

p.s. I would get the EMS shipping.....Do show it off if you get it, I might order one as well.

ALSO my 405 is positive towards the tail so I mark inside my caps with a marker.

51422d1463354667-o-like-520nm-sany0967.jpg

51421d1463354667-o-like-520nm-sany0964.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0964.JPG
    SANY0964.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 240
  • SANY0967.JPG
    SANY0967.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Razako

You gotta email them and susie will send you a paypal invoice.

Ok Thanks, it's been a while since I ordered from them, I like this housing though and 99 bucks for a 120mw 520nm direct sounds pretty good.

That housing holds our standard thread in lenses so it's easy to upgrade a lens as well. Just run the focus all the way until it stops then unscrew the thumb wheel, then unscrew the lens holder from the inside by the 2 pin holes, it has it's own o rings that stay with it and you can change the lens if you want to.

51423d1463355564-o-like-520nm-sany0975.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0975.JPG
    SANY0975.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
I like O-Like but I could not get an order to go through a couple days ago.

Have you been able to place an order lately?

---------

In answer to your question, the laser should work just fine, I have that same housing with a 400mw 405nm in it, it's a good housing for a 1w or less diode, waterproof too with a double o-ring seal on the front and on the focus shaft.

It has an AR coated waterproof dust window in the front.

My 405 in that housing from O-like has been a good one.

p.s. I would get the EMS shipping.....Do show it off if you get it, I might order one as well.

ALSO my 405 is positive towards the tail so I mark inside my caps with a marker.

51422d1463354667-o-like-520nm-sany0967.jpg

51421d1463354667-o-like-520nm-sany0964.jpg

Thanks, the host is actually the thing I'm most curious about since the pictures on the website aren't that great. I'd love to see some more pictures of your 405 in the same style. How's the heatsink/duty cycle on that one?

Thanks for your help, +rep as soon as I can again :)

The 405nm lens was just fine, I just wanted to test others.

For my 400mw or a 120mw the duty cycle will be pretty good, the sink is that threaded in aluminum chunk and it sinks to the body and the head which is thick, I like the host for 1 watt and under.

It's a nice waterproof host, I have had mine underwater.

Last edited:
You gotta email them and susie will send you a paypal invoice.

Just tried placing an order on the site, it didn't work just like RedCowboy described..What's the best email address to use to get into contact with them?

Also, I'm just now seeing some threads on here warning against buying from O-like from 2012. Is it still a good place to purchase stuff from? This will be my first time buying from them.

Razako

Just tried placing an order on the site, it didn't work just like RedCowboy described..What's the best email address to use to get into contact with them?

Also, I'm just now seeing some threads on here warning against buying from O-like from 2012. Is it still a good place to purchase stuff from? This will be my first time buying from them.
I last bought from them around 4 months ago and got all my items without issue. Shipping took a little over a month, but it wasn't 'sci-fi' bad or anything.

As for the email
"end what product you want to order and then left your paypal e-mail to our e-mail o-like@live.cn We can send you paypal request in 12hours"

Pman

Pay attention to what Red said about always marking the end cap for polarity if you can and if there is space you can also put a 1 or 2 for # of cells. Starts to get confusing when your collection grows and you take a chance not remembering which way or how many cells and blow it. Good tip also on the lens.
As far as Red testing other lenses that's just something we builders do because we can and if it can be messed with we can't help ourselves:)
Wouldn't be concerned with those old complaints.
I would be really careful about using one under water. Testing like that is rated static as in no movement. Whipping it around changes everything as the G forces go up dramatically. I would definately say to never change the focus or mave any part under water at all as I would be surprised if it didn't leak if you did that.
Keep your eyes out for stuff at O-like as they add new things quite a bit and always check out their specials.
If anyone is looking for a nice high powered 532nm I believe their "crown" lasers have a good price and they are pretty nice looking. Just checked and that is by far the lowest price I've ever seen on the 500mW crown upgrade (I own one as do several others). Man that's a great deal on it. If I had the cash I would buy another one.