Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 445nm 1W,and 405nm 400mW arrived!

All I can say is WOW..... Very nice quality, great feel, great price. Powered it up and was completely amazed at how much light is emitted. I ordered the 445nm 1W unit, and the 405nm 400mW unit. Both units shipped together in less than 9 days to me here in NH,USA.

The 445nm is a line beam at a distance as most of you know. I measured 1.25" @ 25' Burning power is pretty good, considering. Sweet spot seems to be right about 24" focused.

Here's where it gets interesting.

The Blu-Ray 405nm 400mW unit burns slightly better, and even at 40' away, with a fine focus, it starts to burn my hand in under 2 seconds! The beam is gorgeous and tight when focusing. Goggles really allow you to get the best focus possible.

Both hosts feel fantastic, and both came with some cheap rechargeable batteries (that work fine IMO) and a charger.

The beam brightness on the 445nm unit is the best part.

The beam tightness and focus range,and burning on the 405nm is the best.

I am using these goggles, and they work great.
ORBTRONIC GREEN BLUE LASER PROTECTION GLASSES GOGGLES - eBay (item 330407114795 end time Mar-17-11 16:39:45 PDT)

:)

Cory

My apologies for the poor photos. Just a PAS 100.00 digital. (G/F's camera).

I only included one picture with the 405nm, since the beam is tough to see unless there's a ton of particles/smoke in the air.

As you can see the 445nm is super bright.

Lasers001.jpg

Laserresize2.jpg

Laserresize.jpg

Last edited:
now lets see the video of you lighting a candle with your 400mW like you claimed in my post, make sure the candle is 25' away, :)