Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 200mWGatlin review

New Gatlin Green laser 200mW/waterproof/adjustable [OLGA-200] - $189.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
~Intro
I've been lurking these forums for the past few weeks, learning everything I can about safety, and everything else regarding lasers. After a bit of searching through different sites I decided to buy the Gatlin from O-like. I nearly bought the S3 Arctic from wicked but the fact that people ordered it a month ago and didn't receive it yet made me go with o-like where I don't see any reviews where people didn't receive their laser.

~The order.
I placed my order on the second of this month(The laser + a recharger because it wasn't listed in the items which come with the laser), and by the ninth the order was still "Proccessing" so I kept refreshing the O-like page until I could finally get in contact with their live support. The person I talked to was "admin" and they decided that since my order was expensive they would ship it express, and they would pay for the extra shipping cost. My email said that they had the send the battery/charger separate because DHL doesn't allow them to send them. They shipped it the day after next, on the 11th. It arrived today, with lots of bubble-wrap in the box, and it had the recharger in there but no batteries. One of my brothers has some CR123A's so he let me use one, so I'll just give him mine when it arrives(Or keep both batteries :D). Also "admin" let me know that the waterproof lens is both water proof and blocks some IR.

~The laser
As far as I can tell its TEM00, but since I don't have proper laser shades I can't really look right at the dot to check as it's too bright with sunglasses on still(they do help A LOT, but I do understand that if the laser hit the glasses I would still go blind). When focused all the way it can start burning a hole in plastic/Smoking near instantly. I do not have matches to burn so that is my only test I really have for power. With the focusing, it can focus to a pin point, and defocus up to around half the size of a dime while holding the laser about 10 cm away.

~Final notes
It's heavy but very solid, and around the length of a computer mouse. The knob on the front for adjusting focus is stiff, but that's nice so it will never change when you don't want it to. Also, I don't have any pictures because I figure that pictures taken with a laptop webcam are worthless.

On another note, I started wearing the sunglasses because when I did the burning test I saw a spot for like 2 minutes afterwards. Might as well have some protection instead of none, and I won't be burning anything again till I get proper laser shades.

If I missed anything that I should include or test please let me know. Only thing I know I didn't do was the waterproofing test, but I'd rather not risk having a $200 brick.

EDIT:Wrong section since this is a review, but at least it's still a green laser.

Last edited: