Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 200mw New Style Shipping Estimate?

I recently bought a laser off of O-like.com for 50 dollars (whole laser package together) and I'm wondering what I should expect for arrival date.

Ordered 20th
Updated on the 22nd: "Status: Foreign Acceptance"
???

Most threads I saw showed that in 4-5 days they had at least a new stats of "Dispatched". Now its a few hours shy of 7 days and I havn't heard a word from them. I figured 6-10 day shipping would be average and im not so worried, but anticipation is killing me.
Can anyone whos boughten a laser off of O-like please tell me what their experence was, as far as shipping? As well as location->Estimated Arrival?
Im in Wisconsin (eh?) :p

BTW - I know laser saftey is a must for this laser but what are the actual chances of doing major damage to your eyes?

To put it simply. If only a reflection hits you in the eye your chances of damage are probably somewhere abouts 90% depending of the reflectivity of the object, and a couople other things. If you take a direct hit I'd say the chances are about 100% ,depending on a couple factors, that you will sustain some sort of major damage to your eyes. 200mw is ALOT of power, and can be extremely dangerous.

Ash

Safety glasses are a must for a 200mW laser.
I recommend Zonestealth or Dragon Lasers, for laser safety glasses/goggles.
My experience with o-like: I usually received packages in California ~10-13 days after "foreign acceptance" tracking information was posted.
you should see another tracking info update when your package hits the states. :beer:

I tried their "Offline support" and sent them a message today because now, insted of saying "shipped on the 22nd" now says "The item (0000000000000) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 27-May-2010." :wtf: ????

Oh and i do have a pair of laser saftey glasses my father bought a while back for I THINK a laser saw or level. They look really heavy duty and are full dark red but im unsure of their protection for actual 655nm (since their red). Maybe they have full range protection? They look expensive and we don't own any color other than 655nm. I'll see if I can find more information on them and will do some tests with my O-like laser before wearing.

Last edited:
Just updated today again:

Destination - United States of America

The item (0000000000000) will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 29-May-2010

So... Am I supposed to expect another 6 day wait on this? -_-

Ash

Just updated today again:

The item (0000000000000) will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 29-May-2010

So... Am I supposed to expect another 6 day wait on this? -_-
Yes. Maybe longer (depending on how fast the little guy in the boat can row). :crackup:

Oh and i do have a pair of laser saftey glasses my father bought a while back for I THINK a laser saw or level. They look really heavy duty and are full dark red but im unsure of their protection for actual 655nm (since their red). Maybe they have full range protection? They look expensive and we don't own any color other than 655nm. I'll see if I can find more information on them and will do some tests with my O-like laser before wearing.
Red glasses provide Zero protection against red lasers. Those are called Laser-enhancement glasses. They are used so you can see the red from a 5mW better. But you will have a 200mW. You need different glasses.
You might be able to use those (depending on the OD [optical density] rating) for protection against green lasers, but you need a "green" or "blue" colored pair for protection against red lasers. :beer:

What do you expect? you paid like 4$ to ship something a couple thousand miles. Cheap shipping from China takes a Long time. You just have to deal with it.

Hongkongpost.com ->

The item (xxxxxxxxxxx) will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 29-May-2010

USPS.com ->

Your item left HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG on May 28, 2010

:undecided: uhh...what? >.>

i got my o-like 200mw waterproof laser 17 days after ordering. and after i recieved the "has left from hong kong" it took a week. :/ sorry. i was really impatient, but it was worth the wait.

The item (xxxxxxxxxxx) will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 30-May-2010
ok, now WTF? Delayed another day according to the HK post website. Sounds like eaither china has no idea when my package will be shipped or something went TERRIBLY RrONG. F'king boat man row fasterrrr.

Just calm down, and stop worrying about it. Yes, it takes a long time to get here, but theres nothing you can do about it.

Get used to long delivery times and conflicting updates when you order from China. A lot of these places are resellers and can't be sure when their supplier will actually fill your order. O-like, Rayfoss, and the others usually ship a good product, but you will wait for it. With the bad economy worldwide, things seem to be slower and less reliable. You will get the item.

Status: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment -> Now in the states and should be here whenever memorial day weekend dies >.>

olaff

Hey I just ordered the same laser a while back on the 21st and just wanted to know what was going on with it the status has been foreign international dispatch for about 10-11 days now and i havent heard anything since and i am starting to become worried
Illinois United States