Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 1W Blue - Any Good?

Jeff88

I'm thinking of saving some money and buying this: Power Rock 1W Blue laser torch /Focusable/ waterproof

Anyone have any opinion about the laser? Is O-Like pretty good? I'm in the USA but from what I've read customs doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Anyone know what happens if it does get taken?

Sorry for the barrage of questions haha. I appreciate any responses!

doesnt seem bad! o-like is alright i guess, they're a semi reliable company. Customs are almost never an issue; if taken you'll get a letter saying "we stole your laser for testing :eg: "
expect it to be ~800mw though, since thats what the specs say.
better ones out there though :)

Last edited:

Jeff88

Does O-Like do anything for the customer if customs takes the laser? I know Lazerer doesn't. I think Rayfoss refunds like 50% (What's up with their new site, btw?).

Is there a laser in the same price range you'd recommend? About $150.

Fiddy

I'm thinking of saving some money and buying this: Power Rock 1W Blue laser torch /Focusable/ waterproof

Anyone have any opinion about the laser? Is O-Like pretty good? I'm in the USA but from what I've read customs doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Anyone know what happens if it does get taken?

Sorry for the barrage of questions haha. I appreciate any responses!

im not having a go at you but for future reference, this belongs in the 445nm Lasers section.

Cheers Mate!

Jeff88

Sorry about that! I've been checking this one for a while and I must have clicked it accidentally. Is there a way to move it?

Fiddy

no worries, its probably not worth getting it moved, a moderator does that stuff

Jeff88

Okay, well thanks for pointing it out anyway. I'd rather know so I get it right next time :)