Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like $13 100mw Red Laser?

I can tell you one thing for sure.......
Any site claiming to sell a handheld laser with a power of 50000mw is not to be trusted.
As for the 200mw 650nmn, they are probably around 100mw at best=)

I think the O-like one is legit, everything else you've linked seems bogus though. Good luck

bungy

I have the 100mw O-Like red laser. I have not metered it (no meter), and I have never tried burning anything with it. I doubt it will burn well, if at all. It is a decent laser for the price though. The host feels cheap, but it is focusable. I also have their 100mw 405nm laser in the same host and that one does burn well.

bungy

I have just tried burining with my 100mw 650nm O-like, and yes it does burn. I tried burning cardboard, but it would not burn until the laser was about 6 inches from it. When I moved to a label with some black text, it started burning almost immediately at around 12 inches. Not too bad for a $13 laser.

This laser takes 2 AAA batteries (3.0v), but I use one 3.6v 10440 rechargeable and a dummy battery.

As for the glasses you will probably be fine with the cheap ones. If you are going to burn with this laser, the glasses are necessary to protect your eyes from reflection as you focus on your target. The cheap glasses may even protect you from a direct hit, but it is best to go with glasses that have a good reputation, such as Eagle Pair from survival laser