Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 100mW Blu-ray pen

Grix

This is a small review of O-like's 100mW blu-ray pen. (100mW Blue-violet laser pointer£*>405nm blue-violet laser£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com) $106 shipped.

I didn't buy this for myself, but I felt like doing a small review before I forward this laser. I got this for $80, because the 80mW pen was sold out, Susie offered my this instead. Great customer service! Shipping from Hong Kong took 6 days to Norway.

This is a pretty nice laser, but I definitely recommend buying a DIY bluray from a forum member instead of buying this. The laser isn't focusable, and the beam is very wide. It can't light a match without a lens. I did get it to burn plastic and sting my skin though, so I'm pretty sure the laser is up to spec, but to do burning you will need a magnifying glass/extra lens. (With the beam focused, it lighted a brown match almost instantly, like my 200mW dilda.)

The beam looks fantastic. This is the first 405nm laser I have seen and I think I'm in love with the colour of the beam. With a little smoke in the air, it's pure eyecandy. The beam has a deep violet colour. The dot was a disappointment though, it looks bland and weak.

The divergence is not the best I have seen, but it's decent.

Some pics, as you can see the host is silver all over, unlike many green pens:

SANY0010-1.jpg

SANY0011-1.jpg

The dot on a white paper:

SANY0012-1.jpg

Ash

Did you measure the power output? Just curious to see if it was up to spec.

Grix

Susie said in an email to me that it was measured to 100-110mW, but I don't own a LPM to confirm this. It burns very well with a lens though.

thanks a lot!!!! i would buy the SAME laser from susie...! i don'se any beam pics....:( . how is the beam?more or less visible of a red laser?

yes i know.. osme member could make it... but...not in pen size !!!and not with momentary on push button... i like ONLY moment on push button laser :) they are a lot safer than a on/off switch.

however...how large is the beam? 2...3..4 mm??? can it make holes in slim black cd case?

Grix

I think the beam is about 2.5 mm, and appears even thicker. I don't have a CD case to test that out, but with a lens, I think maybe it can. The beam is about as bright as my 200mW red, at least to me. It appears my camera sucks at picking up 405nm, so I couldn't get any decent beamshots.

mmmhhh... i have a dilda 200mw and i CAN'T see the beam. i am no sensitive to red. i am myopics....

so i hope beam is a bit better in visibility...of the 200 red XD
i heard people saying that bluray is nicely visible..... not like green .. but surely better than red........ i don't know what to do!!!!!buy or not buy this pointer.
an IMPORTANT information. did you used alkalines or nimh rechargeables?

Grix

Alkalines. They weren't brand new either, so new batteries would probably give even better results.

yeah try new batteries.. if not.. i guess the lens of it is the hindering factor.. same issue as my boblaser 405nm but i modified it and replaced its diode with a PHR803T HD.. and now its a kick ass...

Grix

There is nothing wrong with the laser, it would just be better to have it focusable. I suspect the diode is a PHR.

do bluray laser..PEAK?? susie told me that only green peaks..... and that bluray starts stable ...so there is not an initial peak ... is it true?

By chance, did you try removing the aperature cap and see if you could get at the focusing lens that way? if you can, you could probably adjust it for better burning fairly easily, although the beam definitely wouldn't be as pretty ... Nice review!

hmmm i guess this laser is worth to try for my next lab work... i better order soon :p

HIMNL9

mode hopping ? ..... on a 405nm diode ? ..... :confused:

or just a reflection inside something in the pen head ?