Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Numbers inside arpature cap??? meaning???

Ashton

I removed the cap from my NOVA X-85 and on the inside I found a series of 3 numbers written on it, I wondered if anyone knew what they meant:

These were written in 3 clearly seperate sets by hand, appearently with a fine-tip sharpie. I tried to take a pic but I dont have the resolution on my camera to capture it... if anyone desperatly needs the pic to tell me what the numbers mean I will try to borrow my mother's camera tomorrow evening to take a pic.

thanks!

T

timelord

Probably just batch numbers mate but don't hold me to that Ashton..

What is the point of the aperature? I assumed it was just a cover to keep dirt off the lens. WOuld you ever use it 1/2 open?

Ashton

Considering tehre are 3 primary parts (arpature cover, laser, and tailcap) it owuld make sence, I had suspected as much but wanted to make sure.

EDIT:
@enzo: yes, you're right. I took it off BC somone elsewher eont he forum said that you coudl sue the tailcap lock and use the original tailcap to completely seal off the arpature for carrying. I had to try it, of course, and that's how I found the #s

Rhith

CNI hand writes the serial numbers of each laser on the inside of the aperture! :cool:

It's the laser's serial number. Do you still have the box it came in with the ratings? Those two numbers match.

S

SenKat

no - he doesn't have the original box, since some MORON forgot to send it to him ! LOL

I have no idea why they appear as separate sets of numbers, but they're intended to be one single set of numbers - the serial number of the laser, assigned by CNI. So 7015033 is your GLP-I unit's serial number through CNI, although through Nova it got rebranded as an "x-85"