Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Novalasers Customer Submissions 2007

Hey Hey!!

Here's a couple videos showcasing customer submissions to Novalasers.  I made two versions and I can't decide which one I like better, so I thought I'd let you guys decide.  

Version 1 URL:  youtube.com/watch?v=evWt2A5xNKQ

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=evWt2A5xNKQ[/media]

Version 2 URL:  youtube.com/watch?v=DKqtqpLwM_I

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DKqtqpLwM_I[/media]

(I will send the embed link to a moderator to post into this link.)

Dan

***EDIT*** repaired links {SenKat}
P.S. one more post to go , then you can fix them yourself ! :D

ZOMG!!! BOTH of those start-off pictures are mine!!!!!!! hahah helll friggen yea!!!!!

LarryQ

Cool....

I give the first one the nod....

Music in the second was a little to bizzare for my tastes..

But that's just be.....an old fuddy duddy. :D

Larry

Gazoo

Sharpied matches...lol So far with my limited testing I can light a nonsharpied safety match 20" away from my X105. But white headed matches do need to be sharpied.

I like both the videos, they are great...I can't choose.. :-/

Well i think the 1st is better especially as there is a shot in the 2nd video that might give ppl the wrong idea's about laser safety, its the shot where someone uses a greenie so scare a bird away, it might promote animal cruelty.......

The bird scaring is in both of the videos, watch them again :p

I personally prefer the 1st one.

Ooohhh oops I am tired and multi tasking.. Ok then in that case the music in the 1st video is better so the 1st video minus the bird scaring.....

very nice vids NOVA and may i say products too. i liked the 1st vid, just had a bit more zaz in it.

it's pretty mixed on which video you guys like better, so i must as well keep them both on YouTube! ;D

regarding scaring birds, it is a practical use for our lasers that many of our customers do. it's not cruel, but it is a helpful use for bird/pest control.

thanks for your opinions, it's very helpful and appreciated!!

Dan :cool:

yea i use my high powered greenies to scare crows off my lawn
they've been pecking and ripping chunks out of the lawn.

anyways, I think I overdid it because the crows suddenly werent scared of teh dot anymore
when i fired it up again yesterday

NOVADan said:
regarding scaring birds, it is a practical use for our lasers that many of our customers do.  it's not cruel, but it is a helpful use for bird/pest control.  

I beg to differ, maybe I am being too hard on this but some of your lasers are high powered and can easily blind a person maybe permanently maybe not but it's the same risk to animals who can not adapt as easily as humans can to loss of sight especially when they have no clue what is happening. I am pretty certain that alot of people on You Tube who do not know the danger's will see this and start doing it to all sorts of animals and then to fellow humans and I fear they will be using them irresponsibly and you will be promoting that.... It only takes one person to make a serious incident to get reported to the police and it then hits the press and there is nothing more likely to stir up emotions than a child being injured or someones faithfull pet.

Merl said:
[quote author=NOVADan link=1190403377/0#12 date=1190649904]
regarding scaring birds, it is a practical use for our lasers that many of our customers do. it's not cruel, but it is a helpful use for bird/pest control.

I beg to differ, maybe I am being too hard on this but some of your lasers are high powered and can easily blind a person maybe permanently maybe not but it's the same risk to animals who can not adapt as easily as humans can to loss of sight especially when they have no clue what is happening. I am pretty certain that alot of people on You Tube who do not know the danger's will see this and start doing it to all sorts of animals and then to fellow humans and I fear they will be using them irresponsibly and you will be promoting that.... It only takes one person to make a serious incident to get reported to the police and it then hits the press and there is nothing more likely to stir up emotions than a child being injured or someones faithfull pet.
[/quote]

The video I had posted was a series of customer submissions showing many of the things our customers do with our products, one of which being pest control. Although this topic of discussion was not the intention of my original post I feel I should respond.

Using Lasers in pest control is a humane alternative to other procedures, most severe being the killing of birds. Our instructions do explicitly caution from pointing lasers at animals or other humans, but in the case of keeping birds away from crops, pools, stadiums and other areas, a laser pointer is safe, effective, and humane way to accomplish this task. Have a look at this recent Sports Illustrated Article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/01/bengals.pigeons.ap/index.html.

I feel this topic is an important one that I would love to see continued on another post. Do you disagree with this using lasers in pest control? Do you support it? We'd love to know and participate in a discussion.

We've been posting more videos to http://www.youtube.com/novalasers and we will be posting more media here for you guys to see.

We love your comments so keep 'em coming!

Dan :)