Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NOVAlasers' Alpha vs. Lucent Optics' Envee

ixfd64

From what I've heard, the NOVAlasers' Alpha and the Lucent Optics' Envee series are the same model, the CNI PGL-IIIa. However, different specs are listed on the sites:

Alpha seriesEnvee series
Beam diameter<1 mm0.8 mm
Duty cycle200 seconds on, 20 seconds off5 minutes on, 1 minute off
Dimensions23 mm x 193 mm23 mm x 198 mm

Does anyone know why?

S

SenKat

Because NOVA is honest ! That is {really !} the only thing I can think of....Nova extensively tests all their lasers prior to shipping them - and I have only heard of ONE Lucent Envee that was in spec, and performed well. That ONE laser, belongs to Merl, a Moderator here....and only because it is Merl, do I believe it :) hehehehehe !

That really is the only thing I can think of, man - sorry I cannot be of more help ! I WILL be posting a review shortly of Nova's Alpha-85 though.....

G !

ixfd64

That makes sense. It seems that NOVAlasers is more conservative about its products' specifications.

I have the EnVee 80mW and it seems fine but no way to know its true output until my meter arrives. I have two different IR filters on the way as well. One of those is a BG-39 Schott Glass filter with a plotted transmission curve and chart for all the wavelengths.

I would probably go for the Alpha105 if I was going to get one all over again. I really love the design of this particular CNI type.

Kwiz.