Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Nova Price Raise

styropyro

The prices of Nova's X series have jumped! They haven't gone up too much but they still went up. And just to think I am going to get paid Tuesday, and they had to change it only a few days earlier! Oh well, the lasers are still a great price.
Here's the link to the X-series lasers: http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=3

I really hope they don't go up again within the next few days!

styropyro

Probably because they don't get many X125's as they usually are super high efficiency units and are pretty rare.

pseudonomen137

Damn, look who's right... ME!

Haha, sorry, couldn't resist a little gloating.

I predicted this, Nova came out and said I was wrong, but eh, I guess they lied.

Why do they do it? Because they're a lot more honest than DL. I purchased enough of the CNI black/gold lasers from the manufacturer to get a decent enough sample of the population and its power distribution to know that DLs 125mW claims were BS. From what I've gleaned from helpful NL cust serv. reps though, I don't think they anticipated just how rare a REAL 125mW CNI black/gold is going into it, and they kept putting them out of stock. I have a feeling though that even with this price jump, we're still going to see periods when they can't keep them in stock - 125mW CNI black/golds are just too dang rare!

And yet... DL keeps insisting they can deliver 125mWs at that price... Its so pathetic, but until you experience getting a batch of CNI black/golds and metering them, its hard to prove their BSing.