Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova or DL

Which would you buy the DL 125mw viper or the Nova x-series 125mw.
I know it's the same laser! i'm just curious to see what people think???

K

kingzilla

It depends on were you live. If you live in Canada, go with DL, becasue with NL they charge tax, DL declares it as pen, so you pay nothing. If you live anywere else, go with NL, they appear to check their lasers output better/more, and it is less of a pain to deal with them if something does goes wrong as they are much closer and speak English!
Even though I live in Canada I was thinking of going NL becasue I could go and pick up the laser, I live close enough to their HQ. The bigggest negative of NL is their not accepting paypal. I don't have a credit card, and it is going to be a real pain to pay them.

true!! I hate that they don't accept paypal! but i love the case that the laser comes in and now that it's the same price as DL and has free shipping it's no question for me!

K

kingzilla

lazerlover said:
true!! I hate that they don't accept paypal! but i love the case that the laser comes in and now that it's the same price as DL and has free shipping it's no question for me!

For me it is really just the fact that it has 10 extra mws of power! Can never have too much power! The case is $20 extra anyway, so I really don't think it is worth it.

Moderator said:
[quote author=lazerlover link=1180486556/0#2 date=1180487503]true!! I hate that they don't accept paypal! but i love the case that the laser comes in and now that it's the same price as DL and has free shipping it's no question for me!

For me it is really just the fact that it has 10 extra mws of power! Can never have too much power! The case is $20 extra anyway, so I really don't think it is worth it.
[/quote]

lol how true you can never have too much power for the same price!!!!
I can't wait to get my laser, the vids will be never ending!!!

K

kingzilla

Did you already order your laser? Can you tell me how you paid, people keep telling me about these "visa gift cards", but I have yet too see one, and am not sure they even exist in Canada. :eek: Worst case I just go to there HQ and pay directly to them.....but then I will have to wait till school ends! :mad:

Moderator said:
Did you already order your laser? Can you tell me how you paid, people keep telling me about these "visa gift cards", but I have yet too see one, and am not sure they even exist in Canada. :eek: Worst case I just go to there HQ and pay directly to them.....but then I will have to wait till school ends! :mad:

nope I haven't baught it yet, still have to sell my moped!! ugh!
but i'm either finding someone on the forum to be a broker of some sort, getting my parents to buy it and then i'll pay them, or the visa gift card thingy, or the paypal credit/master card.
lol quite a few options but I haven't decided yet, who knows, maybe by the time I buy it they'll have figured out paypal is a good way to go.

S

SenKat

Moderator said:

AWE CRAP ! THAT is what I forgot to put in your package ! DANGIT !!!! Send me an email, man - I will look first thing in the AM, and pop it in the mail to you ASAP - okay ?

I am sorry, man...I completely forgot !

S

SenKat

Hey - I found the gift card - email me your shipping address again, I will send it right out !

i was reading the comparison chart on novalasers..and it says the 65mw can do everything the 85 mw can do.. exactly same marks...so wats the point of 85? just a lil more power?

jesse said:
i was reading the comparison chart on novalasers..and it says the 65mw can do everything the 85 mw can do.. exactly same marks...so wats the point of 85? just a lil more power?

more power and it will be able to do all those things at farther distances and quicker than the 65mw. Read the review that Senkat did on the x-series 85mw it looks real good.

lol, yea I do have to admit dragon lasers is a sweet name, makes the laser sound intimidating!!

Paypal ain't the way to go in many cases. They are absolutely horrible to sellers, although its convenient for the buyer. Do you know if paypal ever got that virtual card thing worked out though? You may be able to pay them through paypal with a virtual card number they give you - but I'm not sure if they ever got that system working.

I'd definitely go with nova over DL though even if nova were more expensive. DL is entirely untrustworthy in my mind, whereas NL is one of the more honest portable laser resellers from what I've seen so far.

I completely agree with you pseudo and i just can't wait until I have enough cash!!