Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NOVA Lasers

OK So I really like the Alpha 105mW one from NOVA. I live in California, they're in Canada. I'm hearing that laser laws are being more enforced. If I buy it do you guys think ill get any noise from the FDA? I've been through that before. How is customer service from NOVA?

Thanks
-Tony

as a matter of fact I just got one last month they are FDA certified and have the 5 point safety system so you should be good. NOVA's customer service is one of the best ;D

It also comes in a really nice aluminum case and shipping took 3 days with the free shipping

Sweet thats good to hear!!! ;D Do you live in CA though? I was thinking this could be a state thing too.

Thanks
-Tony

Nova is an awesome company, even if your laser is seized by customs they will just send you out a new one:

Delivery Guarantee

NOVAlasers guarantees that our products can be delivered to your location, if we have accepted your order. We guarantee that packages will not be seized by customs or we will send out a replacement package. This does not include mistakes made by the shipping companies.

And now Nova Lasers is no longer selling their high powered lasers!

Our NOVA Series lasers are currently unavailable as they have been discontinued and we have not found a suitable replacement in the price range.

There goes the fun!

Mindshare said:
And now Nova Lasers is no longer selling their high powered lasers!

Our NOVA Series lasers are currently unavailable as they have been discontinued and we have not found a suitable replacement in the price range.

There goes the fun!
That's where Optotronics comes in :cool:

Optotronics sells:
Laser diode Powerful 2.5 Watt n-LIGHT IR diode (encased in copper to improve heat transfer)
Laser diode lifetime n-LIGHT high reliability IR diode: 80,000 hours MTTF with BriteLife™ Technology

I am not looking for anything IR (that's invisible and thus dangerous!)

The dragonlaser called Hulk does not use an IR laser diode

K

kcomptonjr

ok, when i first started, i thought that red lasers would have the most IR, because they have the closest wavelength. thats when i learned what DPSS is: diode pumped solid state.
Operating at 532nm of the visible wavelength, the brilliant green beam is conceived by an infrared 808nm diode pumped into an (Nd:YVO4) crystal creating a frequency doubled wavelength at 1064nm and doubled once again using a KTP (potassium titanyl phosphate) crystal and finally the beam passes through an IR filter to attenuate the IR to produce the green beam at 532nm. This process creates an efficiency at about 20 ~ 35%. Typically a 808nm IR Diode with an output of 2.5 W will produce roughly 450 ~ 500mW of 532nm final output.

so basically, ir light is changed from IR to GREEN
any questions? kcomptonjr@gmail.com

Attachments

• optotronics_013.jpg
    optotronics_013.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 93
It's a good thing Nova guarentees delivery cause I'm currently having problems receiving my package! Everybody says delivery is so fast but I ordered on 12/03/2008 and still have not received my package. They said to allow a few more days for delivery which I will, but after that I'm gonna demand some answers! But anyway, for everyone that gets their packages as fast as said, I envy you. At least someone is having the fun I'm missin out on right now! lol.

Happy lasing,
Lance

MrViper82 said:
It's a good thing Nova guarentees delivery cause I'm currently having problems receiving my package! Everybody says delivery is so fast but I ordered on 12/03/2008 and still have not received my package. They said to allow a few more days for delivery which I will, but after that I'm gonna demand some answers! But anyway, for everyone that gets their packages as fast as said, I envy you. At least someone is having the fun I'm missin out on right now! lol.

Happy lasing,
Lance

It's the holidays man. You're not the only one experiencing slow shipping. I'm still waiting on my LaserBee I. Been almost 2 weeks. A buddy on mine works for UPS and he tell me the're swamped right now. Hopefully customs didn't get involved. I don't like buying abroad. I don't care what the website says.

MrViper82 said:

Happy lasing,
Lance
Your not alone man, I ordered my Alpha105 on Tuesday Dec 2ed one day before you and still haven't received it yet. I'm getting very impatient, but I'll just have to wait, it's not Nova's fault, it is the Holidays afterall..

JLSE

For anyone expecting a package sent via Canada Post to USPS, Canada Post has a strike going on, it will definatley slow things down. Packages will get through, but between that and the holidays, dont be surprised with a longer than usual wait time.. :-/

wannaburn said:
For anyone expecting a package sent via Canada Post to USPS, Canada Post has a strike going on, it will definatley slow things down. Packages will get through, but between that and the holidays, dont be surprised with a longer than usual wait time.. :-/

ARE YOU F&#%@ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!! I have been waiting for two weeks for my LaserBee I! :'( :'( :'( What are they striking for! The wait is killing me! Arghhhhhhh!!!!

-A really pissed off guy!