Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova Lasers - X100 + Sport Glases - [Pics + Vids]

Mkay.. so I've played with crappy ebay green laser pointers, but this is simply amazing and put everything I have seen to shame.
I can't even begin to explain how well this thing is... I swear.. every penny that I spent on this was SOOOO worth it.

Shipping Time:
I live local to where Nova Lasers is located (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Shipping time using free shipping over orders of $200
Purchased: Morning of Wed. Oct 15, 2008.
Recieved: Afternoon Fri. Oct 17, 2008.

Pros:
- This laser beam was fully visible.. on a clear night sky the beam is SOLID.. on a bright sunny day the beam isn't as solid, but still visible.  I was able to point it maybe 50+ miles until my eyes couldn't even see the beam on a clear sky (next time I'll borrow a friends binoculars)
- Burns real quickly with a steady hand.. and some stuff almost instantly
- Can be felt on bare skin (yeah I had to test it out)
- Overspec - Peak 113.9 - Avg. 109.1 (tests done by Nova Lasers)
- Peak = 139mw - Average = 127 (tests done by me with Laserbee Laser Power Meter)
- Small standard size pen style
- Looks amazing through crystals/glass
- Point at my ceiling with all my lights off and it lights up the ENTIRE ROOM + NEXT ROOM
- Friends can see the beam + flash when aimed directly at them or near them for 15+ miles (I didnt' test any further than that)
- batteries do not shake inside

Cons:

- It came in and the sticker was slightly peeling off, but that's just aesthetics.. I could always e-mail them for a replacement sticker.
- A bit of excess epoxy that looked like a scratch, but I sent it back and it was removed by them.
- 2min cycle, but what ever... if I wanted longer I'd get one with a better heatsink
- cannot manually focus the beam, but WHO CARES THIS THING IS AWESOME
- Need glasses to burn stuff, but if you are stupid enough to use close range with it without glasses... say goodbye to your eyes

Printout of stats for Nova X100 Pointer:
IMG_8717.jpg

Picture of Nova X100 + Nova Shields:
IMG_8709.jpg

Picture taken durring bright day light indoors appx 30ft (lots of sunlight coming in):
IMG_8713.jpg

Picture taken at night. Distance appx 30ft - (low lights behind camera):
IMG_8734.jpg

Picture of the sticker peeling off when I received it (the marking was removed when I sent it back. It was epoxy that was easily removed by them):
IMG_8719.jpg

Picture of my gf and long exposure with laser:
IMG_8765.jpg

Playing with long exposure
IMG_8774.jpg

My name with long exposure
IMG_8773.jpg

LPF with long exposure
IMG_8775.jpg

Pointing @ sky... difficult to hold still on a cold night in Toronto
IMG_8793.jpg

Pointing @ the very top of the CN Tower. 1800+ Feet High + 1.6km away
IMG_8792.jpg

Magnified to see the dot on the CN Tower from the above pic.
IMG_87922.jpg

***NOTE***  The videos below were done with 2/3 rechargable batteries

Video - Nova Shield Sport
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fIGiVgByU[/media]
link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fIGiVgByU

Video - Matches

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoW1AFnLRDA[/media]
link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoW1AFnLRDA

Video - Electrical Tape

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuD8D_9885c[/media]
link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuD8D_9885c

Video - Cigarette
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dIPEPVmU2M[/media]
link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dIPEPVmU2M

Final Thoughts:
HOLY CRAP THIS THING IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING... I LOVE IT..
Quality built and powerful as a truck.. with new batteries this thing is really really really really really powerful
I will stand by everyone else on this one... Nova really gives you what you want + more.
I love it... simply amazing.. my friends can't even believe how powerful this laser really is until I point it directly into their house from where I live.  HAHAHHAHA

ps.. if you like it.. feel free to + rep me.. I could use it esp. after all that time I put into the review  ::) ::) ::)

Re: Nova Lasers - X100 + Sport Glases - [Pics + Vi

NICE REVIEW!! ;D Are you Japanese? (going by the screen name) Blue..square? which shikaku? lol assassin maybe?

Thanks.. ^__^ glad you enjoyed.. and I'm part Japanese

Cool, I'm half Korean although I don't look it :p and Cherokee ;D long straight black hair for me :D BTW nice pic, I love hellsing, waiting for the OVA's to finish

Nice pictures!
One thing I find a little weird is that my glasses are orange and say 190-532 OD 7+ while yours are OD 2+.

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
Nice pictures!
One thing I find a little weird is that my glasses are orange and say 190-532 OD 7+ while yours are OD 2+.

Did you get the sport elite like me too?

Nice review i have the same laser powerfull unit you won't be dissapointed ;D

john_lawson said:
Nice review i have the same laser powerfull unit you won't be dissapointed ;D

Wait till I run another video with fully charged Lithium Ion Batteries.. LOL
Ohh and I am no where near disappointment with this laser... I might even want to get the x175 depending on how long I have fun with this little beast =D

AoiShikaku said:
[quote author=Jimmymcjimthejim link=1224385318/0#4 date=1224392156]Nice pictures!

Did you get the sport elite like me too?[/quote]
Yes I did. :-?
Well, whatever. I guess they changed the type of glasses or something.

**UPDATE**
More Pictures Added - four new long exposure pictures added

nice review mate :)!!!!!!!!!

this makes me appreciate my 175mw OEM more now, LOL, i think id be dissapointed with 100mw, im already craving more power!

Nice Review, but one thing made me mad. The long Exposure with your girlfriend in it, Was she safe from that 100mw Green Blinding beam ? looks awfully close to it. Should of let her wore the glasses for the pic :-[

Wesdaman14 said:
Nice Review, but one thing made me mad. The long Exposure with your girlfriend in it, Was she safe from that 100mw Green Blinding beam ? looks awfully close to it. Should of let her wore the glasses for the pic  :-[

Eyes were shut until I was drawing in the eyes.. but even afterwards wasn't looking directly at it.

Nice review! Just wondering, what's long exposure?

randomlugia said:
Nice review! Just wondering, what's long exposure?

It's the time on how long the shutter stays open.  It basically means that you can draw something out in a shot or capture a person's movement... a more common picture that is used is when they take pictures over a highway or a busy street block and all you see are streaks from the car head/tail lights or people walking.

It's basically what I used to capture the ones where I drew the happy face, my name, etc... without long exposure all that would be taken is a dot =p

AoiShikaku said:
[quote author=randomlugia link=1224385318/0#13 date=1224725461]Nice review! Just wondering, what's long exposure?

It's the time on how long the shutter stays open.  It basically means that you can draw something out in a shot or capture a person's movement... a more common picture that is used is when they take pictures over a highway or a busy street block and all you see are streaks from the car head/tail lights or people walking.

It's basically what I used to capture the ones where I drew the happy face, my name, etc... without long exposure all that would be taken is a dot =p[/quote]

And it's just a camera setting? I'll have to check out my camera options (which I never do). Thanks!