Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova Laser Group Buy (buyers wanted)

ahx66

I was wondering if there is ever a group buy from Nova Lasers?

I've been very happy with owning one of their mid-power X-series, but would now like a high-power class green laser (over 200 mW). Where (and probably more importantly when) can you get the best deal on one of these? (I posted here and not in the "Best Deals" area b/c I am interested in participating in a group buy and not just shopping)

Thank you in advance for ideas.

UPDATE:

It looks like scopeguy20 can get a descent discount from Nova, but only if he can get a sufficient number of people to buy. So if you're planning on buying a new laser now or in the near future, please support this buy.

Re: GB on Nova?

I have owned 2 great Nova lasers, and think they are a very solid company.  I am due to buy from them again myself.   I will check with the sales manager again, maybe a GB can be started.  Are there a couple of folks who will order lasers & want to save more at Nova?  I would proceed if as many as three or more people are going to join in.

[highlight]PLEASE READ THE BELOW! [/highlight]

Would [highlight]everyone please send me an Email[/highlight], the list is beginning to get good, and I think we are heading for the realm of better discounts.  [highlight]I need to link the LPF name to your email address, and if you choose to use a different email or send a M.O. for your item, then be sure the address to send to is noted along with the above.  Using my email helps shorten my searching troubles, email me at scopeguy20@gmail.com [/highlight] Discount expected: Lasers 10% off, anything else (accessories ect.)  10% off Members price!   THANKS ALL!  -Glenn

Thanks Sawt! Re:
[highlight]If there is a group buy, I would like to get a bunch of their accessories. Lens holders, key switches, and diffraction gratings. So yeah, count me in. :D[/highlight]

Two of the best pen lasers I ever used were from Novalasers, I am in contact with Magdalena Gudzowska, the Sales Director for Novalasers, and I'm trying to get a better GB deal, so far, I can get 15% off all accessories and 5% off of any laser, we shall see if we can do any better. It should help if more folks join in on the GB feeler this is becoming! Thanks all and Please let me know if you are interested in any LG or Nova laser(s). BTW, Thanks everybody who joined the GB's I have done before with LG. ;) -Glenn

Now that DX is not sending the (often cheap in price and quality) lasers to the USA, maybe more folks will want to join the GB of Novalasers. Better yet, start buying the Fully FDA compliant lasers offered by the best three companies IMHO: Novalasers, Optotronics and LaserGlow! :cool:

ahx66

Why buy Nova and not a cheap "no-name"?

Hey, thanks for the support scopeguy.

I have been very happy with the service and products from Nova, they're a great company.

The first high power laser pen I saw in person was a "90 mW" green Wicked Laser. It looked brighter than my 5 mW green and could wrinkle black trash bags. Now when it came time to get my first, the forum reviews were quite helpful in guiding me to the good laser retailers. I ended up buying the X-75 from Nova. Despite being 15 mW short of my friend's Wicked, the spot is so bright that I can only view it through my safety glasses. It slices right through black trashbags, cuts electric tape and even lights matches! (of course, the X-Series are not designed for duty cycles longer than 60 seconds, where the Alpha and Nova models do much better)

In the "bang for the buck" contest, Nova X-series is the undisputed victor. For whichever power level you buy, you truly get that power level. My 75 never falls below 75 and actually peaks at 120 mW. Non-brand import pens will occasionally spike at their listed rating and fall right back down to almost 5 mW level.

If performance isn't enough, the certified IR filtering is another plus. Non-brand imports usually have dangerous IR leakage. Your eyes blink in reaction to bright visible light, but with the same strength of light in near-IR the eyes take all the punishment and never know.

Hey folks! I am hopeful that there are a few more of you interested in this GB. I can assure you that Novalasers is a great company for product support and inspects & tests like few do. So if you want a laser to cherish and depend on think about your choices. So far we are up to 5% off list, but the discount could grow if we get in a couple of more friends to buy along with us. Thanks for reading! :-X
:) :) :)

Can you get any figures on what kind of discounts might be possible given a certain amount of people?

I would get a mid-power X-series and possibly some gratings.

ahx66 said:
The first high power laser pen I saw in person was a "90 mW" green Wicked Laser. It looked brighter than my 5 mW green and could wrinkle black trash bags.

Sounds more like 30mW. Typical.

ahx66 said:
Non-brand import pens will occasionally spike at their listed rating and fall right back down to almost 5 mW level.

And some list the pump diode power as the output power.

[highlight]"Can you get any figures on what kind of discounts might be possible given a certain amount of people? "[/highlight]

Sorry, Nova is not saying anything more conclusive yet.  They stated the discount would be better if we got a larger order, and I consider a large order to be at least twice to three times the $'s we are looking at so far.
[highlight]
UPDATE 9-23-08! We are definitely getting closer to the size which will make a larger discount! [/highlight]

Tell your friends and lets see if we can get a bigger discount.   :)

I may be interested in an x-15 but I have to see if i can get more money ill let you know.

Thanks toked323, with just a couple of more folks getting lasers, I think we will get a better discount.
Everybody! The Novalaser line has pleased so many laser users, this is your opportunity to be another happy user!
[highlight]Please try to get me your order by Sept 8th[/highlight]

This GB will go forward and soon as the group forms up and wants to go on with the order, I listed & also hope, for other buyers from another forum.  Now is the time to get that Nova!  Don't miss out!

Hey folk!  It is nearing the day We want to order!  Let me know this week what is wanted, I will send the proposed list to Magdalena.  When she sees what we want, she can tell us what discount will be available, and by next Monday, (if that is the best date for the group members, we will place the order.  For ConUS customers, (probably all of us except Sawt), it may make more sense to ship all to me first, then distribute, but I could find out how much to send the orders all direct, so let me know if you prefer one way, the other or which ever is cheapest.  Thanks All!   :)
Anyone else interested, PM me about your item SOON!   ;)

Nova sells green lasers, pen shape and Portable Lasers inc. high output power lasers, surface and thermal experiment optics, (lenses, filters &visualizer spray and supplies.
Look over their website!
Link: http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewcategories.asp

O.K.  I understand the group may need more time to get a decent size order together.  Those who are ready to go let me know if it's time to move, I am considering the options.  We at least already can get 15% off all accessories, they have lens holders with Line generating lens and collimator lens included, (did I post that already?) and you will get at least 5% off any laser. EXAMPLES:  A Novalasers X-Series >125 mW will be $265.05 (shipping not inc.), or if we get a few more laser buyers, a little lower cost!  $370.00 will be about the price for the highest output Alpha Series, And $759 for a Nova 200,  or save near $100 0n a Nova 350!  So get it going guys, the deals are great and will get better if we get more lasers on the order.  If we need to take this GB for a couple of more weeks, please you who are interested, let me know!