Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

not enough power or what?

bruno

hi guys, im a completely newbie in lasers, here is my problem.
I was messing around with my 200mw red laser, (those regular laser powered with 2x CRII batteries), suddenly the laser stoped workin like a 200mw, it looks like it turned onto a 5mw laser, i've bought fresh CRII bat. and still have the same problem, can this be fixed??

Typically when the laser stays dim even with new batteries it means it has died.. There could be a connection issue somewhere in the unit, but they can be tough to get apart so you'd have to do it at you own risk. In most cases it's simpler to build or buy a replacement.

bruno

Typically when the laser stays dim even with new batteries it means it has died.. There could be a connection issue somewhere in the unit, but they can be tough to get apart so you'd have to do it at you own risk. In most cases it's simpler to build or buy a replacement.

hum.. i see, theres any article how to fix it?

daguin

The diode appears to have gone LED on you. The die sic.(inside the diode) itself has broken down. The only thing to do is replace the diode

Peace,
dave