Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Noob question alert...What LD is in a...

diachi

I have an LD from a laser jet sitting on my desk right now ( its broken, was when I extracted it ) but yeah they are IR,  and low powered like was mentioned. I opened mines up so i could see inside it also.

Attachments

• IMG158.JPG
    IMG158.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 72

daguin

Diachi said:
I have an LD from a laser jet sitting on my desk right now ( its broken, was when I extracted it ) but yeah they are IR, and low powered like was mentioned. I opened mines up so i could see inside it also.

Most of these have front (first) surface mirrors in them that can be used in spirograph construction.

Peace,
dave

diachi

Yeah the also have those mirrors, sadly mines was long and thick ( ;D ) and I cant cut it to shape for a spirograph. But they would be could if A) you got a thin one B) you have the correct tools for cutting glass.

there is also a line generator or two in there.
Diachi

laser printers seem to be a posible good source for a few optics parts...

diachi

yeah they aren't that bad, but projectors are REALLY good they have a lot of lenses and filters etc, even diffraction gratings and beam splitters

just grab a glass cutter from a local hardware store - mine cost like $1.50 and allows you to cut your own custom mirrors ;)

jatic

I've disassebled one laser copy machine and it had some pretty nice motor controlled optics and mirrors  :)
Too bad I threw them away bc I didnt know any use for them at that time  :mad: