Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Noob question -_-

Hey,
SO i bought an LPC-826 and i bought the aixiz module i have a lense for it but im trying to make a homemade driver and i just cant ive tried 2 times ive done the circuit exactly as shown here http://goo.gl/LxpJw and it just doesnt work

are there any cheap 250mA drivers around?

And the batteries, ive got 2 14500 li-ion rechargeable batteries will that be enough to power it?

about the host, what should i get, it has to be cheap cause im only 15 and all the money i get is from my parents -_-

What do you mean, it doesn't work?

How are you trying to connect it? Any pictures? Any additional info?

It works because it's my schematic. You're obviously missing something...

Last edited:
What is the value of those resistors? If they are in parallel, which it looks like, they should be 10 ohms each, so that would make total resistance 5 ohms, which should result in current of 250mA.

Can you draw the rest of the connections on the picture? Where did you connect the batteries and diode?

EDIT correct layout:
2ccngxl.jpg

Last edited:
Is that capacitor correctly polarized? It looks like a tantalum capacitor and they need to be correctly polarized in the circuit (the + side connected to the correct side as per the diagram). I'd actually just omit the capacitor altogether; it's basically redundant after the voltage regulator anyway.

What is the value of those resistors? If they are in parallel, which it looks like, they should be 10 ohms each, so that would make total resistance 5 ohms, which should result in current of 250mA.

Can you draw the rest of the connections on the picture? Where did you connect the batteries and diode?

EDIT correct layout:
View attachment 40816

I've done it exactly how you've shown in the picture so it might be the capacitor

Have you tested it out on a dummy load? If so did it read 250mA?

It is possible that there is a problem with the LM317 itself, I once had one that only supplied 2mA. I replace it and it fixed the problem, you might want to try that. I'm not sure what causes the problem, maybe it is when it get to hot because of soldering.

did you take the cap out?? this really is an easy circuit to build. I have no electronics experience and put one together fairly easy.

Michael.