Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Noob needs help! Laser Drivers

I am working on A driver for a 1watt laser I have built the LM317 constant current driver (aka DDL) I'm not sure of the ma output of this circuit. I'm not sure if this circuit can bring my LD close to the maximum output? the LD I am going to be using is HighTechDealZ - 445nm 1W (1000mW) Blue Brand New Laser Diode in Aixiz Module

Also, dose anyone here know of a better deal on a 1 watt laser diode? I want really want a blue LD for the cool looks, but if I can get 1 watt LD with any other NM (other than than IR) I would probably go for that one.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

udanis

Also, dose anyone here know of a better deal on a 1 watt laser diode? I want really want a blue LD for the cool looks, but if I can get 1 watt LD with any other NM (other than than IR) I would probably go for that one.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Right here in the b/s/t section of course. They are going from around $38-$42 on here.

b/s/t/ ? could you help direct me to this section please?

Sorry I'm a total noob to this fourm, made account like 30min ago haha..

The 445's are the only diode your going to get in that power range for the price. The next closest thing that would output any kind of usable beam would be a 12x 405nm. Which your only going to get maybe 750mW and have any reasonable life out of it. and it's going to be even less visible than the 445.

DPSS is another option, but your looking at several thousand to get 1W of 532nm. I think there are really high power reds as well, but they're multimode, the beam specs make them pretty much unusable for any kind of pointer without LOTS of correction optics, and they're not much cheaper than green.

Reactions: ped
@ Udanis, thanks for the help!

The 445's are the only diode your going to get in that power range for the price. The next closest thing that would output any kind of usable beam would be a 12x 405nm. Which your only going to get maybe 750mW and have any reasonable life out of it. and it's going to be even less visible than the 445.

DPSS is another option, but your looking at several thousand to get 1W of 532nm. I think there are really high power reds as well, but they're multimode, the beam specs make them pretty much unusable for any kind of pointer without LOTS of correction optics, and they're not much cheaper than green.
Thanks for the info. very helpful!

searching the BST section now..
Any one know of a member here thats selling 445 nm 1W for around the price Udanis mentioned?

Just check the BST and the group buy section as well. If you can't find them, you aren't really looking...

There's always the forum search as well.

Yha I found em for $42 Thanks for all the help!! hey what dost GB stand for? if i may, I searched and couldn't figure it out haha...

Last edited:

ped

To elaborate,

A bunch of members stump up the cash to meet the minimum order quantity, the GB organiser places the order when there are enough buyers.

:banghead: Doh, Don't know how I didn't connect the two haha. Thanks for the explanation ped!
the way it was written in the post I thought it had something to do with the LD.