Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Noob city

Hello, I am new here. Been studying the forums for a while, but just registered and am welcoming myself in.

I have several lasers but lower powered ones. I just ordered my first high powered parts to build a 3 watt laser from Sci Fi lasers. So far he has been very helpful and responsive, and I am extremely eager to receive the laser kit. Can't wait. I plan on doing a full review of the kit once I receive and test it. :wave:

Hi JFXMedia :wave:

Welcome to the forum :)
What color/wavelength is your 3 watt laser?
Why I ask is do you have laser safety goggles/glasses for that color laser? Please make sure you do as that class IV laser is going to be mighty powerful.

I ordered it 445nM. Yes I have a pair of safety goggles for this wavelength and all my greenies too. I love my eyes!

Greetings
A good tip is to enjoy the wealth of knowledge here, search and read all you can before asking basic questions that people have answered many many times before, it's the polite thing to do, however feel free to share new info and ideas.
And most of all always remember safety comes first.
Enjoy. :)
p.s. I am interested in hearing about your sci fi purchase when you receive it.

Last edited: