Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[NOOB] Building a Blu-ray Burning laser

Tiwaz

Hello there,

I've been looking around on LPF for the last few months and my interests have largely been growth. I've got an green laser pointer (a cheap one) probably without an IR filter so it's dangerous. But i like it.

I'm willing to put effort in building my own BluRay laser pointer but would like some help because information is pretty clutter around the forum.

I live in the netherlands so maybe shipping will be hard.
I'll be needing an:

- Laser Diode (Maybe PHR-803T)
- Driver (FlexDrive)
- Aixiz Module
- Heatsink
- Host​

I'm willing to spend for about €100,- or $137,95. Excluding some good protecting glasses. Can someone give me advice for the protecting glasses? And also for the laser diode is the PHR-803T good enough? I want it to be strong enough to pop balloons and light some matches.

Something i couldn't find on the forums is how to set or change the current if i have the FlexDrive. How is this possible to do? Is it smart to buy a host on LPF or just buy a torchlight myself and use it as host?

I'm willing to put a lot of effort in this project but i don't want buying stuff end ending up with crap.

Tiwaz

I've added a

"Aixiz Diode Housing Module 2 pack"
and
"2 PHR-805 HD Diode OEM 405nm"

If i order it like this will it ship to the netherlands or do i have to select shipping upgrades? The shipping is free ... really, can i thrust this?

I will Stil need a driver and a heatsink+host since the driver was out of stock i'll have to order it somewhere else. Can i order those at one shop to save shipping costs?

I really like this host http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/736mw-12x-405-stainless-steel-c3-shinny-55774.html#post786555 can i buy it on LPF including a hot option with drive or?

I want to be sure i don't order crap :).

DTR is THE man for hosts trust me.

Shipping will not be any problem no need to pay extra.

I'm not so a pointer person myself but if i where you I'd give DTR or jayrob a PM or a few other host/pointer makers.

Last edited:

Tiwaz

I've send an pm to DTR and Jayrob for the host. Will the PHR-805 be strong enough to light a match and cut electral tape. Or will i be better of buying an more powerfull 445nm or 405nm diode?

I think i will set the current of the flexdrive to 130ma so the PHR-805's beam will be like 120mw.

120mW of 405 will burn verry good cause it's a short wavelength my 80mW 405 burns aswel.

Talking about 445 those diodes are really powerfull and they go up to 2 watts , not a good idea to start with :)