Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

no nothing

Cheech

to many concerns for others mishandling the info. sorry
If you saved it then good luck

Last edited:

3zuli

Re: SF-AW210 is USD 8.0/pcs

:drool:
I want a GB on these!
hope shipping won't be over $5... SF-AW for <$15 shipped = WIN :)

Last edited:

I'd be in on a GB for these. If I read correctly, these can be safely run at 200mA to produce 250mW with a glass 405nm lens. $8/ea, yes please:)

First there is no GB-- ATM
second I am not selling any 6X sleds or diodes( so I have no axe to grind) but.....

finding a source is the ONLY easy part--

So before somebody starts accusing anybody else of price gouging I must say this-

-A GB is no walk in the park---there is a lot of work, lost sleep, and risk involved-- I know, as I am currently waiting for 7 PGL paid for mostly with OP $$ and its MY rep and butt on the line.

There a lot of things that CAN happen-- VAT- customs siezure- duty fees- lost or stolen stuff, scams and so on.

The OP says this is for an order of 100 sleds- not 2 or 5 or 10 ... 100!!

There is a lot of 'hidden' costs involved in a GB- ones time, handling- packing materials- PP fees-labor etc
Consider gas costs---
pink slips in the mail box or on your door that require you to make a drive to go get the package etc etc.

There is always somebody saying
he can get the parts and for this or that for soooo much less- they
usually leave out a part or two and think ones labor/time is not worth
anything-- -very easy to say.

another thing never taken in to account is the
possibility of a return/repair. shop supplies , etc and other costs
(labor-rent etc)in China compared to UK , USA, ETC.

If a few sleds are defective who covers that?? China? yeah-- they will jump right on that. Are you going to check all 100 sleds to be sure they are ALL good- didn't think so.

So thats my .02+ cents on this thread-

SO flame away -

- unless you have been there your OP means little.

I have a lot of respect for those who have run many GBs-- thier hard work is way too often taken for granted.

PEACE-- YA HEAR!!

hk

Morgan

Cheech posted with the best intentions and if someone wants to run with it then fine but what Hak says is true. There are many pitfalls.

Cheaper prices are always appreciated and most who run GBs are doing it for that reason. Retail is different and often runs on the, 'economies of scale', principle. That's why GBs come in somewhere below that: Not as keen on buy price due to smaller numbers, but not as heavily weighted for costs.

The stress is also a factor as Hak says. I've only done one so far and have another on the go at the moment but I hate the time between order and delivery from the supplier. Up to that point, everyone's cash is safe with me but after that, I feel totally responsible, no matter how much I trust the seller.

It's an interesting insight for those not aware though so learn all you can... Maybe there are some great GBs to come soon but factor in ALL the possible costs including payment fees!

M
:)

Last edited:
THANK you Cheech and Morgan too

also consider this-- EMS has a rep for losing packages and DHL/UPS for damaged ones.

seen this first hand-- stuff falling from holes in poorly taped boxes!!

some buyers nave no idea what ESD precautions are-- are you going to always take thier word that the diode arrived dead--

and these are only the pitfalls that I know of ATM-- there are surely many more.

Last edited:
I've always rep'd anyone I got a GB from. It's not the take your money and here is the part for sure. Once you send the $ all bets are pretty much off till the buyers say they got them ...and are happy.
I did micro rc mod kits for yrs and finally gave it up. I had no life! designing, posting pics, I had to quit making the assemblies...to much time. packing & shipping..keeping stock (out of you pocket) and tomorrow it may not be as hot and you sit with parts you have to create something new they want or eat it. Didn't do it for the money. had to put a $5 min on parts orders to not lose money!
A GB.....don't be looking for me to do one. I'll pay and appreciate the ones that do.

Returns to China? Oh that is a good one.....probably get it back from the land fill before China. I shipped world wide and could not ship to Mexico. Pkgs are stolen so much you have to insure everything and since the instances are so high....they quoted me 2x the cost of the merchandise price. All you can do is tell the customer and they'd decline and try to get it from someone going to a border state.

Mexico?-- does anyone ship to Mexico--I think there are 11 lasers in Mexico total.

I used to vacation there-- but no more. I know peeps from the Valley who no longer cross over at all. Driving near the border will get you robbed at gunpoint. Cant call the cops cause they are the ones robbing you.

Too bad- beautiful counrty- great people -incredible surfing beaches, fantastic fishing.. all ruined by the drug cartels.very sad and no end in sight.