Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

No beam :(

Evtimi

Hello I have a red china laser with power of 1mW - it produces a bright red spot, but NO beam! All the lasers on the internet clips have beam... but not mine

T

timelord

1 mw will not show a beam to the human eye, so all you will see is a DOT but hey you've only just got started.
Welcome to the forum and have a good read here ;)

Evtimi

Yes, the support from one very famous website for laser sell said the same :) .. but that's a picture of a yellow laser 1mW that have a beam

Attachments

• lazer.jpg
    lazer.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 213
There's a trick to photograph a beam -- Blow a little smoke in front of the laser
and you will see the beam like that.

Mike

Evtimi

that's not fair .... ------------------
can I add lens or mod it ? I don't need power - just a beam

Evtimi

then I hope that I can get a laser diode with 90mW of power for 10 euro :)

Things

just get a cheap green laser, then you will be able to see the beam at night or if it's powerful enough, even in light conditions :) try dealextreme.com they are cheap and work great ;)

S

SenKat

A lot depends on the angle of the photo as well - you can clearly see the beam if you are looking almost right at a parrallel to the laser - either from in front (careful !) or from behind it - almost like you are sighting down the barrel of a gun. to get the beam on camera takes a little work !

Evtimi

Is this lasers enough powerful for a visible beam in the air without any gas ?

Are the 808 nm visible ?

There's another choice but a "pulse" (?) laser

there's also a 10W power for approximately 30 euro

S

SenKat

Evtimi said:
Is this lasers  enough  powerful for a visible beam in the air without any gas  ?

Are  the 808 nm visible ?

there's also a 10W power for approximately 30 euro

Email me hte info about the 10W laser for 30 Euros, please ?

The 808nm can be seen as a dull red glow....

S

SenKat

The links you sent me - the data sheets say one thing, the pictures tell me something different. I have never seen ANY diodes encased in plastic before - much less high powered ones :eek: I do not doubt that they think they are lasers - heck, they might be - but the picture was of an LED....Very odd :(

S

SenKat

twisted_transistor said:
[quote author=Evtimi link=1180666651/0#9 date=1180833964]

i think you are thinking pulsar, just a name for a 75mW, 100mW, and 125mW red laser sold by Wickedlasers.com
[/quote]

No - he was talking about Pulsed laser diodes, not a brand ;)

There are two main types of emmissions for laser diodes - CW, or Constant Wave and Pulsed Wave. It described the ouput characteristics of the laser diode. Take a look at my review of the Dragon Lasers Aurora (blue) for a good example of Pulsed operation.