Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nitecore T2s Flashlight Review *Slightly Picture Heavy*

This is my first flashlight and my first review on this site. Be gentle. :p

Nitecore T2s
mkup01.jpg

I was looking for a very small flashlight so I could carry/put it on my keys. I came upon this on IlluminationSupply and it looked perfect. It was small, had a good output, and I liked the looks.

Shipping, Handling, and Packaging
5wj7fs.jpg

I ordered on the 29th and my package was sent out the 30th. I received it on the 3rd. So shipping from CA to DE was pretty fast. 2nd order from IlluminationSupply and it was great. :beer:
It came wrapped in the usual gray packaging from the UPS, the box contained an extra o-ring, a clip, and a ring for your keys.
It also included a warranty card and an instruction manual.
I have to say I love Nitecore's boxing, I also have their Intellicharger i4 and love it.

Technical Information
2viqfs3.jpg

• LED: CREE XP-E (R2)
• Maximum output: 50 lumens
• Battery: One AAA battery
• Aluminum reflector ensures a balanced beam profile
• Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
• Aero-grade aluminum alloy construction
• HA III military grade hard-anodized
• Function selection via rotating head
• Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (two meters)
• This product has attained European CE and RoHS certification

Size of the Flashlight
6dvcef.jpg

fdr2td.jpg

The sizing was the most important feature I was looking for, next to output, and this flashlight is the perfect size.
Almost 3" long means it's TINY. It is very well built though and has a nice solid feeling when you hold it.

Pictures of different modes

dqqecg.jpg

High. (50 lumens, 1 hour and 30 runtime)

2w68nxx.jpg

Medium. (20 Lumens, 3 hour and 30 runtime)

99foxw.jpg

Low. (2 lumens, 28 hour runtime)

It also has a flashing warning signal mode.
To select the different modes you just turn the light on, then quickly turn it off and then on again to select the different modes.
High-Med-Low-Warning Signal.

Mini Maglite Comparison
33coghw.jpg

Size comparison in hand.

biuo7m.jpg

Mini Maglite focused.

hwbaxl.jpg

Mini + Nitecore T2s high mode.

Mini Maglite is the only flashlight I had laying around I could compare it to. It's also ancient so I don't know how accurate the comparison might be.

Finishing Pictures and Thoughts
5mn67r.jpg

Beam in smoke.

e9dgl4.jpg

On my keys.

All in all, this is a great little flashlight. It more then met my needs and is perfect for any little uses I have for it. The only complaint I have about it is the threads could be a little smoother, but that's minor and fixable.
It cost me $30.04 with shipping from IlluminationSupply. Some might find that a little pricey for such a small flashlight, but it really is worth it. Not to mention you'd be supporting a great company if you got it from IS.

Well that finishes it I suppose.
I suck at formatting so hopefully it looks okay and my pictures aren't too big. Let me know how I did, if I need more information, etc. :wave:​

Last edited:

Nice review :)

Looks like it can tailstand too, even with lanyard tied on?

Nitecore makes some nice toys :)

IsaacT

I love it that my beamshots with flashlights thing caught on! Great review, I have thought about getting a Nitecore flashlight before, but I am always waist deep in laser purchasing to get around to it.

How do you activate the different modes? Due it come on in high and you have to switch it to the low? The 2 lumens is really apealing for my job as well as the high. Would need it.to come.on in low though.

I have an old flashlight made by ThruNite that comes on in low ("0.04lm"), and twist it a little tighter it goes high.

If this one always comes on high first (aka no mode memory), it might be a good candidate for seeing how well it plays with some quantum tunneling composite pads.

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like my review. :D

Nice review :)

Looks like it can tailstand too, even with lanyard tied on?

Nitecore makes some nice toys :)

No, it will not tailstand. So far my experience with Nitecore has been awesome.

How do you activate the different modes? Due it come on in high and you have to switch it to the low? The 2 lumens is really apealing for my job as well as the high. Would need it.to come.on in low though.

It's a twist switch. Twist the head to turn it on, twist it off real fast and back on and you're in the next mode. And it starts on high mode.

I love it that my beamshots with flashlights thing caught on! Great review, I have thought about getting a Nitecore flashlight before, but I am always waist deep in laser purchasing to get around to it.

I think I might even like flashlight beamshots more than laser beamshots. :whistle:

I've been looking at getting a flashlight for a while. I didn't want to because I was afraid I'd have to start buying lasers AND flashlights. After falling in love with this little light though, I think I'm screwed. :p

What is the battery current on different modes? And how much does it change from 0.8V to 1.6V (the expected range of an alkaline cell)

from the pics, it looks good, and quite mini to carry, and the review is good.