Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nice PSU

Blord

Looks like the beefier version of the 30V-3/5A PSU we seen around here. I wander if the voltage ripple has also improved.

Reactions: ped

sinner

I didnt had a bench psu so i got this one as my first..
I wanted to charge multiple 18650's and test the diodes and whatnot..
it says 0.6A-2.0A.. 0V-16V! should i get a better one like the one posted by ped..

Reactions: ped
They're fine for charging batteries and powering circuits, but do NOT use these Chinese PSUs to power laser diodes unless you put them on a scope first. The Yihua I have (I think it's spelled Yihua, anyway :undecided:) has a small voltage spike at startup. It has an even larger spike if you're running it in current mode, and considerable ripple current. The Mastech I have is very clean.

sinner

I tested several diodes, it worked okay.. I followed dtr's instructions on that one..
I guess i was lucky then.. thanks for the suggestion, will get it tested on a scope..

ped

Anyone who connects a diode THEN switches the PSU on needs thier head ready anyway.

Lots of PSU's will surge at switch on, Like most other people who know what their doing, I reduce the current to minimum and short the leads out, then connect the load.

Tonga

They're fine for charging batteries and powering circuits, but do NOT use these Chinese PSUs to power laser diodes unless you put them on a scope first. The Yihua I have (I think it's spelled Yihua, anyway :undecided:) has a small voltage spike at startup. It has an even larger spike if you're running it in current mode, and considerable ripple current. The Mastech I have is very clean.
That's good to know from you:). I use a Mastech GPS-1850D:thanks:!

Anyone who connects a diode THEN switches the PSU on needs thier head ready anyway.

Lots of PSU's will surge at switch on, Like most other people who know what their doing, I reduce the current to minimum and short the leads out, then connect the load.
Thank you for the good advice man:), that will be my standard procedure for not blowing a diode while testing it:wave:!

LaZeRz

20 amps would even be sufficient for small scale anodizing, but a higher amperage would be more ideal.

Things

I have a 0-16V 40A PSU. Works a treat. Only voltage adjustment mode though, but 40A is enough to have a bit of fun with :)

ped

When my finances are better, I'll go for one I think