Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nice new look for my AAA Mini Mag

Hey LPF, Just thought I'd post this.

A while back, I got an AAA Mini Mag for really cheap. I thought I got a sweet deal (which admittedly I did) but it had some stupid company's logo anodized onto it. I had never used it because of that and kinda side-lined it.

So tonight I decided to give it a new look!

I tossed it into a solution of Sodium Hydroxide and let it sit for a bit then bathed it in some vinegar to neutralize the base. When it was all done, I repeated the process a couple times to completely remove the anodizing as best as I could.

Then I scrubbed it all over with some fine steel wool and then rubbed it with some Mother's Polish. It came out pretty great! No logos or anything :D Thank god it kept the laser etched Maglite bezel identification.

I think it's pretty shiny and spiffy! I like it because the steel wool made a really fine brushing on it so the shine doesn't get plagued with fingerprints :D

Anyway here it is!

7429449578_b7976cf589_c.jpg

7429451820_2e80a862b0_c.jpg

This would be a good option for someone looking to buy those lots of company ordered Mag products.

Fiddy

lol my bad youve got too many A's :p

Last edited:
Nicely done!

Say, you have probably seen the AA Kroll caps, but have you seen a tail clicky replacement for the AAA minimag? I'm modding mine but need a way to switch it. I was just going to unscrew teh back cap and remove the battery when not in use, but wouldn't mind if there was a pre-made tailcap with switch for this light. The original switch function will be sacrificed to heatsink the LED and provide focusing for the optic.