Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

nice Dx host

That's the empty version of the black 18650 kit that Jayrob sells, I believe.

It is. The stainless 'aurora' version is available empty too as well I think. I was eyeballing them, but I have no interest in duplicating jayrob's builds.

You could put a spin on jayrobs build he not going to mind. I'm not speaking for him, but he is a hobbyist and would probably love to see others interpretation of some of his work.

Morgan

It's a pity they don't arrive blank like the one in the pictures. They have Aurora and Cree printed on them. The only thing you have to do with this host, other than build yourself, (or buy), a heatsink is solve the battery connection issue as this host doesn't come with small PCB for the pill as it does when Jayrob uses the complete flashlight. It's only about $16 anyway as a complete unit so the hassle and time creating a contact is almost not worth it.

Here's one I built. This is the 200mW version but there is a much higher power one being tested at the moment -

2wfpf2w.jpg

59v89g.jpg

I hadn't posted it before for the same reason as qumefox. Duplication of existing hosts doesn't thrill me, and success feels a little like standing on the shoulders of giants. However, I did go about the internals in a different way so I suppose it's different enough. I had a lot of fun with it and for the price, it's a good quality host to work with, as long as you have access to machinery.

M
:)

Listen, for the price and the battery capacity alone... I'm getting a couple for my "swappable" module builds.

No fear here of redundancy.

Have a bought unit and posting it as a review cool. Having the same host as others
and building it from scratch... cool.

Having someones clone build... NOT cool.

Morgan

Listen, for the price and the battery capacity alone... I'm getting a couple for my "swappable" module builds.

No fear here of redundancy.

Have a bought unit and posting it as a review cool. Having the same host as others
and building it from scratch... cool.

Having someones clone build... NOT cool.

I totally agree. When I get it back from testing I will take a few more pics and post it with confidence then.

Thanks for the pep talk! :crackup:

M
:)

You can get them empty, if you want send me model number info and on some i can get with out paint and have them shinned. (some cant come shined and it would be a fee for me to shine them.)
So let me know and i can place your orders with mine.
and on large orders i can get your own printed message / image on them or just blank.
on the image it would need to be a larger order and we would all have to pick one image.
I have a lot of things in the works atm from sleds to hosts.

@kiyoukan how is this possble? If your serious shoot me a PM with pricing.

Sorry for the double post. I forgot one thing... Nice work Morgan! Your really growing in this hobby:)

yup i do have several contacts in china, i got some coming in this coming week once they get here i will show you some pics and one of them is a fan cooled flashlight host.

Any link to study on that fan cooled one... I'm waiting for one myself(self made that is).

@Toke, I like that little light for what it is. Might have to order one for standard use.

I don't think I personaly could use that one for my "swappable" build. Good find though.

Toke

That is a really nice looking host. :)
A bit too pricey for me though.