Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newly developed 405-diode (12x) 450mW CW

Switch

There was already a thread about this.It says 2-3 years though....Hope it will be less than that ;D

yesh i would easily drop a few hundred on one of these!

just playing the waiting game now!

Also, where do you see 450mW CW? I think the 450mW number would be the pulsed rating, and CW quite a bit less than that. But, most people are using higher than the CW rating in their handhelds, so who knows what they will end up being in handhelds.

To use as a pointer the Diode will also needs to be single-mode. :cool:

At least we have an idea of the LD power capabilities when they do hit
the market place... :cool:

pullbangdead said:
Also, where do you see 450mW CW?  I think the 450mW number would be the pulsed rating, and CW quite a bit less than that.  But, most people are using higher than the CW rating in their handhelds, so who knows what they will end up being in handhelds.
You are right, I thought the article mentioned the power-rating as CW, but I am fairly sure I read that somewhere,.. maybe I wrote it and then read-it...circular-logic :-/.
Sorry if this power-rating is actually "pulsed". Still a formidable "Photon-emitter though".

1/2w of 405nm would have me drooling, it would open up possibilities such as portable tunable dye lasers and the like :D

Switch

Always wondered if 405nm was good for that.Do you need really high powers though?

Btw, of course it's single mode, a multimode diode has no place in an optical drive. :p And yes that's most porbably the pulsed rating but I'm sure we could drive it pretty close to that , CW. ;D

*drool*

How long do you think it will be before we can get a group buy for these for about $50 each? I mean, how long did it take for the 4x/6x burners? It can't be more than 3 years off...

-Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
*drool*

How long do you think it will be before we can get a group buy for these for about $50 each? I mean, how long did it take for the 4x/6x burners? It can't be more than 3 years off...

-Mark

I bet you its gonna happen way before then but I don't really know for sure.

--hydro15

artix

If it is rated at 450mW pulsed, then we can push them to 400mW CW! :eek:

daguin

robjdixon said:
Why are 12X blu rays 450mW, but 12x reds are only like 100mW?

They have virtually nothing to do with one another (or even really their mW output). The ?X designation is related to the original writing speed for EACH diode type. A 2X writes twice as fast as the original speed. A 6X writes 6 times faster. (etc.) Since the different types of diodes had different original writing speeds the numbers between them have no comparison. The numbers only have value when comparing the writing speed of the same type of diode.

Peace,
dave