Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey there. I've been checking in here for a few years to read and decided to join. I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge about lasers but have had a few decent ones. I like good knives and flashlights and hope to get a couple good lasers in the future.

Thanks for the informative forum. Hope it doesn't hurt the wallet too much!

Yes welcome to you. Greenlander is right, take heed!

I have been on this forum for just over two months and have spent well over 2K.
Please let it STOP!

Hey there. I've been checking in here for a few years to read and decided to join. I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge about lasers but have had a few decent ones. I like good knives and flashlights and hope to get a couple good lasers in the future.

Thanks for the informative forum. Hope it doesn't hurt the wallet too much!

WELCOME Ryan-- nice to see you here--
you will do less wallat damage by going with the best we have here to offer-
other members have been a good place to buy a lasers forever- its not often a happy story- but sometime life makes us do this that effect our addiction--:crackup:

If you fail to find what you want by searching a good idea is a WTB( want to buy) thread in the BS & T section- sometimes a member does not know he wants to sell something until he sees another wanting-many of us still have the first of 'things' we bought but no longer really need or use- meters- tools-hosts-bare diodes- drivers- soldering pens/guns and stations-- and much more- We dont always have the means to buy the best of everything-at first.

We have quite a few outstanding forum members in Fl. maybe next year you will meet some at FLEM- usually held first week in March but the one you just missed was OUTSTANDING from what I read and there was even some talk on another near Orlando later this year- FLEM ( <search that-ytube vids galore)
IIRC was the first or one of the first LEMs in the USA- 13 so far... I am thinking -AND rather than 1.5 days they want a full weekend- cool!!

and its ran by the LEM guru 'buffo' who also runs SELEM-- the mack-daddy of all LEMs -- anyway there are members close enough to get some lasers metered for free and some swap lies. get some hands on help etc
V/R hak:beer::beer::beer:

Tmack

Welcome. I also enjoy a good flashlight and knife.
Even went as far as buying a forge, which I just got yesterday!

And don't worry about your wallet. It will soon run in fear ;)

Whowwwwww there-
Did I see Forge? As in a coal
blacksmith forge??
I'm the blacksmith at the local museum !!!
HMike

Tmack

Yes on the forge, no on the coal. Gas forge for me sir. I'm the only aspiring blacksmith in the middle of Baltimore City haha.
I am really enjoying it. Shaped my first blade today, and have a big old box of railroad spikes on the way. (I have no hair on my right hand, and my left has no strength left ;))

Congrats --- I have the big forge with electric blower at the museum and a small hand crank forge at home. All coal fired. At the museum, I make knives from spikes but I have a 20# Little Giant trip hammer powered by line shaft to make noise and impress the crowd!!!! Gas is cheating and I believe coal is hotter unless you add O2 into the gas mix.
I like to run at near yellow temp before running the hammer. I hammer with the right hand.
Coal will "blow up" in a volcano if you have the blower set to high and disturb the fire pit.
You gotta go coal !!!!
HMike
How big is your anvil? Hardy tools? Also you need several different hammers - cross peen etc.

Last edited:
That's so awesome Tmack.. Welcome to the new member btw before I totally derail the OP's topic..

I'd love to buy a knife from you once you learn what youre doing.. I'd love a custom made blade with Dimascus style striations and patterns in the metal. I don't know enough to explain how its done but I've read a bit about it and I know that it's not particularly difficult.

If you ever decide to work with glass let me know I am always interested in glass blowers and their products usually I can make myself and the glass blower money as I still have connections from when that was my main source of income..

edit: this applies to hemlockmike also..

Last edited:
For a few years there has been a Meet in Dallas of the three 'hobbies'
I made a joke two years ago about their little one-night meet at a park in Dallas.

Headline in the next morning Dallas paper--

"Would be robber gets attacked by his intended victims- stabbed several times, - burnt with a laser beam and blinded by an OMG! bright LED Flashlight."

lo lo lo ha ha ha

BTW I tried to make my own knife from a file- heard it was good steel- forget that WAY too much work!!

Much respect for knife makers of the world--

hak

Hey, thanks for the replies!

I tried making knives too for a while but health issues got in the way. I have a pretty nice propane forge but not a bunch of tools. I mainly tried stock removal and then heat treat in the forge for basic steels.

I'm also into pyro and shooting, hunting, and fishing. And airboat / ATV riding.

Thanks again!

Wow your all making knives.. that's great! MAybe a knife forum should be added :yh: lol

Anyways welcme to LPF! GREAT community znd unlimited laser info more then you could ever really use probably..

Hey, thanks for the replies!

I tried making knives too for a while but health issues got in the way. I have a pretty nice propane forge but not a bunch of tools. I mainly tried stock removal and then heat treat in the forge for basic steels.

I'm also into pyro and shooting, hunting, and fishing. And airboat / ATV riding.

Thanks again!

That is greAt man. I used to race a 400ex with a 440 motor in the gncc circuit. I miss riding em I want to get 450r or yz450 soon as I can they are both older now but I still love em both. Just like the 250r up Honda is timeless and still sells for top dollar.

I also did drag racing and my built up 440 would outrun 6 60raptors forme the holeshot even in1/4 mile. It was dynod at 103hp at the wheels which is incredible. Tom miller motor spots built my engine. Besides the extra bore and stroke it had port n polished heads full fmf exhaust k&n intake itp holeshot tires and edlebrock carb us stage two cam and a Henson clutch .. and obviously shocks and axle e tc etc

Last edited: