Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie!

Hey everyone, I am looking to purchase my very first serious laser. I am willing to spend between $100-$200. Color doesnt matter very much. Although, for my money, I want the most powerful I can get. I would like burning capabilities and a very bright beam. I saw wickedlasers.com and everything looked great, but from very brief readings on here it seems they are overpriced and somewhat weaker than they claim. Can anyone offer me advice on what laser to buy that will knock my socks off for my first one haha? Should i also get a lens pack? Also, I am right in that the higher the mW, the more burning capabilities correct? Any help in choosing would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you all!

That last post was totally useless. If you are going to complain about someone, don't do stupid stuff like that as well, try and link to a thread that is useful.

D

Deleted member 8382

That last post was totally useless. If you are going to complain about someone, don't do stupid stuff like that as well, try and link to a thread that is useful.
I'm showing him a guide that tells you need to use search button, read faqs, etc, something he ofc doesn't know, what's so bad on it?

Well, ppl on here turned out to be ***holes. I'm sorry if I'm new to all of this. I'll look for help elsewhere.

cust11

I can assure you that we are not trying to be assholes. The reason everyone pointed you to the faqs is because we get this question a lot. Within the faq and "places of interest" threads you will find more information about your topic than you would imagine. You have to excuse some of our members. They get frustrated when people join the forum and expect everything handed to them(not saying that you are.).

Anyways.. Welcome to the forum!

-Mike

D

Deleted member 8382

what about being a little more honest:

We get the same questions lots of times, there are over a thousand posts about the same thing, and we just tell him to use the search button and to read the faqs, I even post him a guide that will for sure help him with a bit of fun and he says we are assholes and that he leaves?

BYE BYE

Well, ppl on here turned out to be ***holes. I'm sorry if I'm new to all of this. I'll look for help elsewhere.

You wouldn't be calling us that if you had just read the FAQ.

Hallucynogenyc's post was completely on topic, don't bash him.

You want an answer despite not reading the FAQ?

Go to www.o-like.com and get a laser module and Jayrob's kit

or to Rayfoss--home

Or get the DX 200mW red for cheap burning.

There you go, I'm not lying, those are great sites.

Now go read the FAQ.

Before i even registered to this site i probably read the threads for a couple of months. Like any forums, most of the topics have been repeatedly covered and have stickies. To be honest with you... nearly every "noob here, noob question" that most people write up as their introduction into the site is the same every time, with the same questions in almost the same order. its a frequent thing. im sure you will see more threads that will look exactly the same as what you just posted, always mentioning WL.
:yabbem:

there is a section for companies and a section for tutorials and repairs that Really helped me out when i was new.

i would just say to lurk moar and read the faq's and stickies. for the most part nearly everyone here who participates in the forums has posted very useful information. (IMO)
I have learned alot here. Just read more is all

welcome to LPF