Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie seeks advice

Hi,

I am new to the forum and also to the exciting world of laser pointers in general. I live in the UK and i am just about to commit to buying my first green laser pointer. I'm not that fussed about burning stuff, mostly just star pointing, shining through stuff, impressing mates and playing with the cats.

I was drawn to this particular company as they sell industrial lasers and looks as though they know what they are talking about, and the pointers are a very small part of what the sell overall. I was going to get the SP32 - 5mW model, £50 inc P&P

SP3 Plus

Do any other member have any experience of this company, and is £50 for this value for money, or is there a 'no-brainer' entry level green laser from a US company...but then that throws up the customs issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi, welcome to the forum

I would recomend to you some ebay laser as you are from UK.
i did live in UK some time ago and i have a really great experience with one guy selling the lasers.
Quick delivery and great product. It is much more cheper than one which you posted.
There will be also no problems with customs as this seller is UK located.

you should aslo check some chiness sites as DX which are far more cheaper, but i dont know how customs in UK will threat your package containing laser above 5mw..
So if you dont want to risk importing something from china this guy is definitely way to go.

also it is just in a case you want just 5mw laser, as it is probably imposible to buy more powerful via ebay.

guy who i am refering to is SKYLASERPOINTER

here is link to his stuff on ebay
eBay Seller: skylaserpointer: Consumer Electronics, Business, Office Industrial items on eBay.co.uk

and here is link to the laser which you might be interested as you have posted link with chromed laser case too
SUPER-SAFE SKY GREEN LASER POINTER <1mW SILVER 2009! on eBay (end time 09-Nov-09 11:27:29 GMT)

the price is amazing i think as it is chromed laser..
As i told before, i have great experience with this guy.

Some info for other (older) member:
I bought from him 50mw laser before they were banned and it was the best laser i have ever had until i was trying to pot mod it.
i have killed the diode,as it was probably running at the max while it comes to me. It cost me 32pounds which was a good deal at this time.
this laser has the biggest crystal i have ever seen.
we all know how tiny crystal is used in DX pens.. and this one were maybe 3 times bigger..
i still have this crystal so i could post a picture compared side to side with the DX crystal if you want me to do so

hope this help

Milan

50 pounds for a 1 or 5mW green?
WAY too much money.

a very trusted company we buy greens from is o-like.com

Hi, welcome to the forum

I would recomend to you some ebay laser as you are from UK.
i did live in UK some time ago and i have a really great experience with one guy selling the lasers.
Quick delivery and great product. It is much more cheper than one which you posted.
There will be also no problems with customs as this seller is UK located.

you should aslo check some chiness sites as DX which are far more cheaper, but i dont know how customs in UK will threat your package containing laser above 5mw..
So if you dont want to risk importing something from china this guy is definitely way to go.

also it is just in a case you want just 5mw laser, as it is probably imposible to buy more powerful via ebay.

guy who i am refering to is SKYLASERPOINTER

here is link to his stuff on ebay
eBay Seller: skylaserpointer: Consumer Electronics, Business, Office Industrial items on eBay.co.uk

and here is link to the laser which you might be interested as you have posted link with chromed laser case too
SUPER-SAFE SKY GREEN LASER POINTER <1mW SILVER 2009! on eBay (end time 09-Nov-09 11:27:29 GMT)

the price is amazing i think as it is chromed laser..
As i told before, i have great experience with this guy.

Some info for other (older) member:
I bought from him 50mw laser before they were banned and it was the best laser i have ever had until i was trying to pot mod it.
i have killed the diode,as it was probably running at the max while it comes to me. It cost me 32pounds which was a good deal at this time.
this laser has the biggest crystal i have ever seen.
we all know how tiny crystal is used in DX pens.. and this one were maybe 3 times bigger..
i still have this crystal so i could post a picture compared side to side with the DX crystal if you want me to do so

hope this help

Milan

i reccomend this seller i have bought 2 of these laser and they were excelent,must is more than 5mW than the 1mW that writes and shipping was excelent and fast(maybe is because i live in europe).

i reccomend this seller i have bought 2 of these laser and they were excelent,must is more than 5mW than the 1mW that writes and shipping was excelent and fast(maybe is because i live in europe).

yes thats exactly what i am talking about..
i live in europe now too, but i havent ordered anything since i am off UK from him..
But did you buy those chromed or another one?

have you opened them up?? what about pot moding?
also i would like to know if those 5mw units has same fricking BIG crystal too..

anyway if you check his feedback you can see he also selling more powerfull lasers too..
i saw 80mw or so.. you just need to ask him for a more powerfull one..
i dont know how it is possible.. it seems he has a FDA approval or all those things about legalisation somehow figured out..

now this guy (skylaserpointer) should send us some free units for such a good promo.. lol

Milan

yes thats exactly what i am talking about..
i live in europe now too, but i havent ordered anything since i am off UK from him..
But did you buy those chromed or another one?

have you opened them up?? what about pot moding?
also i would like to know if those 5mw units has same fricking BIG crystal too..

anyway if you check his feedback you can see he also selling more powerfull lasers too..
i saw 80mw or so.. you just need to ask him for a more powerfull one..
i dont know how it is possible.. it seems he has a FDA approval or all those things about legalisation somehow figured out..

now this guy (skylaserpointer) should send us some free units for such a good promo.. lol

Milan

the typical black pens.no i didn't pot-mod it bacause it was very hard to get the module out and i break it,it was glued on.the other one was for BR build.

the typical black pens.no i didn't pot-mod it bacause it was very hard to get the module out and i break it,it was glued on.the other one was for BR build.

and what about crystal???
how big is it in comparison to the DX pens..
i am just curious.
or dont you know anymore?

here is the picture

bigger crystal comes from SKY pen
small from DX pen
really huge difference in dimmensions

Milan

Attachments

• crystal comparison.JPG
    crystal comparison.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

SMIDSY

I live in the UK too. Clearly for stargazing you will need a 10-20mW green laser. As you are a newbie I woudl recommend a wicked-laser core model They are only 5mW but are completely safe so long as you dont do anything stupid- they ship tot he UK and the core is the only product they sell that isnt shite.

I'd otherwise recommend a DX for a first greenie- get their true 5 as another person said.

The only other recommendation I have is a more powerful decend model.

it depends how safe you feel with something that could blind you faster than you blink and what your budget is.

drop me a PM and Ill talk you through some good options

smidsy.

SMIDSY

check your PMs- I hope you know how to as that's a big old PM I just sent you!

Have a look at Home - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop, he seems a very helpful knowlegable guy, I have purchased from him aboout 4 or 5 times and have always recieved 1st class service, and he is in UK.

I purchased an Ledshoppe.com 50mw green laser pointer, they are great value and I didnt have any trouble with customs.

Lasher

Guys be carful when it comes to recommending the 50mw lasers we all love so much here.

In the original post he said he had plans to play with his cats.
It would be hard to get your cats to wear eye protection when he/she is chasing a 50mw dot around the house...lol.

If you want a sky pointer then the Ledshoppe 50mw is a no brainer. Its hard to beat for $22.00 but if you want one for your cats keep there eyes safe as well and get a good 5mw. They can still be dangerous to vision but they will be far safer than something in the 50mw range.

I have a Wicked Lasers Core that I use with my cats and it is a very well built Laser for around $45.00 from the official eBay seller.

Pointing a high power green at anyones eyes is not safe so think of your cats first. I have 2 myself and would feel awful if I ever blinded one with a Laser.

Hope this helps.

Lasher

SMIDSY

still recommend the wickedlaser core above anything- reliable first laser.