Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Newbie questions and looking for and affordable analog rgb laser module

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and laser usage. I've been reading up on lasers in the past few weeks for a project I'm working on.

I'd like to find an affordable RGB laser module with analog modulation (not TLL). So that I can fade the lasers from an Arduino.

Would you have any suggestions? I searched a bit on this forum and on ebay but the only Chinese laser modules I found in my budget's price range (100-200$) are all TLL. Are analog modulation lasers more expensive? I also found some boards for analog modulation, could I replace the TTL boards with those?

Also a few questions regarding safety since the laser would be used on stage during an electronic music performance, pointing downward from the ceiling to the stage where I will be.
Ideally I would like to be able to perform on stage without wearing safety goggles but the laser should be bright enough to be seen in a medium size theatre (about 500 seats).
I've read that there a few way to create the audience scanning effect safely: widening the beam, shortening the time that the laser spends in a single point... What would you advise?
Are there any measuring tools that I would be able to use to make sure the beam is not dangerous if caught in my eye?

Maybe there are too many questions in this post! I might split them up into different threads.

micheal rosen

There's no safe way to shine a laser in someone's eyes, so don't do any audience scanning. You can build your own RGB laser module for relatively little (~$150), and I'm sure there are a few here who would gladly help.