Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie looking to purchase a 1w laser

Hi folks... I am a total newbie to this hobby. I would love to dip my toes into the laser arena by purchasing a laser similar to the WL Arctic Spyder. So I guess I am looking for a good recommendation of a laser (blue) to start with. I have heard the stories about how difficult it is to get WL Arctic, so I am open to suggestions on formidable, domestic alternatives. I have done my best to read through as many posts, but to be frank, alot of it is simply greek to me... I am hoping someone can recommend an easy to use, blue laser to start with. (while I am in no way a pyro, I will admit burning matches and popping balloons sounds fun too).

And of course I would need the safety goggles as well. I have seen kits that seem to include them with the laser pointer so that is a bonus.

Any recommendations for a newbie? Thanks so much!

Check out the kit in my sig. That is if you can build it yourself. I also have a 1.3W+ laser for an auction here http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/auction-1-3w-445-hotlight-62004.html
Hi folks... I am a total newbie to this hobby. I would love to dip my toes into the laser arena by purchasing a laser similar to the WL Arctic Spyder. So I guess I am looking for a good recommendation of a laser (blue) to start with. I have heard the stories about how difficult it is to get WL Arctic, so I am open to suggestions on formidable, domestic alternatives. I have done my best to read through as many posts, but to be frank, alot of it is simply greek to me... I am hoping someone can recommend an easy to use, blue laser to start with. (while I am in no way a pyro, I will admit burning matches and popping balloons sounds fun too).

And of course I would need the safety goggles as well. I have seen kits that seem to include them with the laser pointer so that is a bonus.

Sorry to tread on Your dream, but a 1 Watt is way too much power as a 1st Laser. You should start with a nice 50mW-100mW Green Laser to get your feet wet. You will be able to light matches and pop balloons, and even at these powers an accident will damage your vision. You obviously can do what You want to, but at least think about starting with a lower powered Laser before going for a 1 watt.

JLSE

images