Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie Help

lost1

Hi all,
I am new to lasers and would like to identify a good green laser for star pointing. Unfortunately I did not discover this forum earlier as I bought an Executive Series laser from Wicked Lasers that only lasted for 6 weeks. As I have learned from this forum most companies appear to be from China with either quality or deliver issues. Are there any quality manufacturers out there? Thanks for your help.

mike

D

Deleted member 8382

another one scameed by wicked lasers omg.

for star pointing go www.dealextreme.com and buy the true 30mW or the true 50mW.

both prices are great and for what you are going to use it its much more than what you need.

(if you really only want to point stars get the 30mW, its much more stable and it will last longer)

lost1

I must admit I am not keen on the idea of ordering anymore inferior products from China, once burned twice shy. Are there any US or European laser manufacturers that make a quality product. I don't mind paying for something that will work.

well, technically, WL is both a USA company AND a chinese company. dealextreme will not ship lasers over 5mw to the USA, so the only way to get those products it through sawt or some other forum member middle man.
although dx takes a long time, they are cheap and trustable. i mean, how do you go wrong for such a low price?

For a cheap, fairly reliable greenie, I am happy with my $74 200mW green from FocalPrice (be ready to wait a few weeks to get it here in the US though) - search for "focalprice 200mW" in the "reviews" threads for specs and pics, I've had it awhile now and even with heavy dialy use it's held up well...

Not truly 200mW (see review) but an insane pointer, not so hard on batteries, and it will do rudimentary burning too (matches, ballons, etc).

yeah, focal price, though, is known to have bad customer service and shipping times...they are cheap, but very unreliable

If you really don't mind paying the price, go for Novalasers, Laserglow.....A more cost effective option is the 30-50mW from DealExtreme.

I'm sure trawling around the Buy,Sell,Trade section you could find a laser to fit your needs at a good price- and probably the best customer service you will ever get ;)

Good luck!