Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Newbie from philly....looking 4

creator

hi every one .... I'm new to this stuff..lasers...looking for high power
laser pointer...that will light a match at a distance ...looking to buy one already mod..... ?? :-X

T

timelord

Welcome to the forum ;) Have a good read and a look in the buy,sell & trade section for bargains :cool:

styropyro

You could build a pretty high powered red for pretty cheap. I think I read somewhere in here that you can buy one from Daedal or Pseudonomen137, but I'm not sure if I'm wrong about that.

creator said:
hi every one .... I'm new to this stuff..lasers...looking for high power
laser pointer...that will light a match at a distance ...looking to buy one already mod..... ??   :-X
Are you saying you're trying to buy a pre-modded pulsar laser or what? No postable laser is good for burning at distance, although with a very careful setup a focusable pulsar can eventually light a match many feet away.

What is your budget though? I don't have a pulsar 125 to sell you, but someone who does will probably be asking at least $150-200+ if its used, and even more if its new. If you just want to go around burning stuff at distance, I think you need to do a bit more research about lasers, because that's only Sci-Fi. Lasers can light matches and they can pop balloons, but there is no portable lasers you can carry around, point at things, and set them ablaze. Good luck!

Rhith

Kenom is working on making lasers into MiniDorcy hosts and is asking $150 for them. They're focusable, red beam and supposedly rate at about 150mW so those would work nice once you get the hang of focusing it!