Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New York City - Central Park - Cameras?

cosmo

Yesterday I was in the park demonstrating my laser (100mw 532nm) with a friend around dusk and I noticed someone watching us around 25m away. He then walked up to me, asked me what that was, I explained that it was a laser, with all the proper safety features (key, pin, shutter, etc.) and they he told me about cameras in the trees and the police have my picture.

I explained to him that it was legal and was being used in a legal fashion. I was shining it on some trees and terminating it in the forest, where no one was near by.

He then said, no listen to me, the police have you, and he walked away. I asked him to show me a camera in the tree, he said that he cannot show me where they are, its private.

Is this guy full of sh1t or what ?

Has anyone ever had encounters of people like this?

Also, I wonder if central park has cameras, I need to check this out.

udanis

Well if you weren't doing anything illegal you have nothing to worry about :D

Toke

Did he mention the black helicopters they use as backup for the cameras?

cosmo

:) - no need to add to my paranoia, but I asked around, he is a nut job.
The guy could barely put together a sentence and could not answer me directly when I confronted him on his bullsh1t statements about being recorded by the cops from the trees.

Toke

:) - no need to add to my paranoia. ...

Oooppps.
Sorry about that, I will just keep the rest to myself then. :D
:angel:

BTW: No I can't imagine you would get into trouble with the police for pointing at some trees.
The police is subject to rules and do not (legally) get to say "Shiny object, looks dangerous, gimme NOW."

Others may not have the same restrictions.

Last edited:

fubada

Wes i know you and IRL and this just confirms everything, you are a pus$y. Cameras..bwahhahaha

cosmo

i wasn't lasin bums, that was fubada, i just hope the cameras got him instead of me.

csshih

i wasn't lasin bums, that was fubada, i just hope the cameras got him instead of me.

I know, that's why I quoted him.

as for you...

muahahha.... :thinking:

oh wait, the voices in my head are plotting again.. :wtf: go away voices.

Toke

I kind of hope your parents confiscate those lasers and hold them til you turn 18.