Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Waterproof 200mW Red on DX

New Focusable Waterproof 200mW Red on DX for $39.66

DealExtreme: $39.66 Focusable 200mW Red Laser Pointer (1*18650)

sku_24345_1.jpg

sku_24345_3.jpg

sku_24345_5.jpg

Same one O-Like got before, isn't it?

Too bad they won't sell too many of these babies, the dilda has too low a price for the others to compete with it.

Well, I have one on order through our Canadian friend, and I'll give an Uber-n00b review when it gets here.

I like it because it's waterproof, uses a great battery and it just looks cool. That is to say, it doesn't look like it vibrates when you turn it on.:p

Rob

Mine actually just arrived today. I have to say it looks way cooler in the pics than in real life. Also the focusing lens is really loose, so it won't stay focused at long distances. Build quality is ok. But I didn't expect anything less from a cheap Chinese company.

I got one a few days back. It is stable at 180mW and in comparacy to Rob's version my focus ring is rock solid. :)

Mikael

Can u just buy this host and fit in it the aixiz module?
Will a need to buy a new driver and/or heatsink for it? I will probably fit a previous build which is housed in jay's cree ultrafire, just so i have a waterproof one :)

Can u just buy this host and fit in it the aixiz module?
Will a need to buy a new driver and/or heatsink for it? I will probably fit a previous build which is housed in jay's cree ultrafire, just so i have a waterproof one :)
You wouldn't need an Aixiz module because your laser diode will fit right into the laser. This host is probably heatsinked enough.

damn... that's obvious! lol!
Well that's what happens when you think about lasers as you work :)

Thnx styro :)

cygnus

I've ordered one last week and the status is still "Processing - Contact us for the latest update."
Anyways, I just wonder if this is truly 10m waterproof...

the focusing lens is really loose, so it won't stay focused at long distances.

Just a n00b thought, FWIW, but I've read that a little Teflon tape can do wonders on loose focus rings.

Joe B.

I really hope mine comes in the mail tomorrow, right now tracking says
"Processed through Sort Facility, November 18, 2009, 7:49 am, JAMAICA, NY 11405"
PLEASE

But triggerjerk, tell me more about teflon tape, do you put it on the actual threading or what?

I really hope mine comes in the mail tomorrow, right now tracking says
"Processed through Sort Facility, November 18, 2009, 7:49 am, JAMAICA, NY 11405"
PLEASE

But triggerjerk, tell me more about teflon tape, do you put it on the actual threading or what?

Just plain old $.10 a roll (Harbor Freight sale price) Teflon tape, available at any hardware or department store, used to seal/waterproof threaded pipe connections. Just wrap a layer or three around the exposed threads. It compresses and fills the gaps between the male and female threads.

And you'll have enough left over to do that next plumbing job you've been avoiding.:whistle:

Me, I buy rolls by the handful. I can never find it when I need it, so I leave rolls in all my work boxes. Same with screwdrivers.

Joe B.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Grrr, I ordered one of those for a forum member as part of the shipping service on October the 22nd (along with one of the red/green hybrids) and neither have been shipped yet!

Just plain old $.10 a roll (Harbor Freight sale price) Teflon tape, available at any hardware or department store, used to seal/waterproof threaded pipe connections. Just wrap a layer or three around the exposed threads. It compresses and fills the gaps between the male and female threads.

And you'll have enough left over to do that next plumbing job you've been avoiding.:whistle:

Me, I buy rolls by the handful. I can never find it when I need it, so I leave rolls in all my work boxes. Same with screwdrivers.

Joe B.

Ok, cool. For some reason the guy wouldn't leave the package at my house today, and the post office is closed... CRAP! but thanks!

Grrr, I ordered one of those for a forum member as part of the shipping service on October the 22nd (along with one of the red/green hybrids) and neither have been shipped yet!

That's probably me, but I'm not worried or impatient, I'm just super grateful that you're doing it for me. And thanks again. Besides I have a new pocket mini to play with until it gets here. And I just ordered one of the $60 blu-ray builds from Mohrenberg.

Has anybody else noticed that these things are..well..addicting?:crackup:

My wife was just starting to get a little irritated with me, but her birthday is, by coincidence this year, on Thanksgiving day. While we were out shopping today we stopped at Cracker Barrel. One dinner, two blouses and a sweater later, all my sins are forgiven. I should go on Oprah.

Joe B.

Last edited:
I ordered a bunch of these from o-like and I am very pleased with the quality and the build. I vastly prefer these to the traditional dilda style, as it is a lot more rugged, and the single battery is better than 2 CR2's. Worth the few extra bucks IMHO.