Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

New to this world. Thrunite TN12 2014.

greatanomaly

So my story is that I'm new to the laser and flashlight world but I seem to really like it. I'm in the military and i love camping and night time beach walks I also like things that set other things on fire :p.
This is the flash light I decided to purchase after my Fenix light stopped working I'm looking for tips on lights to buy/build for as cheap as possible. The type of light I want is to mainly be a focused beam not so much of a flood light basically a fat white laser... :p I'm open to all suggestions and id love to learn!

Last edited:

InfinitusEquitas

greatanomaly

It really depends on your budget and size preferences. For example are you looking for something to stick in your pocket? Or something larger that you can maybe stick in a belt holster, but won't be all that comfortable?

This would be my choice for a small pocket light: TX25C2vn - Pocket Throw King

This for a medium size search light: WTS: # 1 Must Have K40vn Thrower (New Batch) $150 No Box Option

This, if you want to break the bank a bit and go all out: TK61vn V4
I'm actually looking for 2 now that size is a thing. i would like one about 5-6 inchs long and 1.5 inchs wide that reachs 1000+ neutral lumens and a larger probably holster light that can reach out very far with little to no flood the size doesnt much matter but i dont wanna spend more than $200 for the large light and batteries. so if you vouche for the medium light you sent that seems like what im looking for.

InfinitusEquitas

The Barracuda is an excellent stock light... I have a love/hate relationship with the armtek's finish, but the quality in undeniable.

That said... it's kind of dated. Even the newer xml2u3 version is only hitting ~100kcd. For a stock light I'd go with an Olight M2X: Olight M2X-UT Javelot (XM-L2 dedome, 1x18650/2xCR123A) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

I'll vouch for the K40vn though... I've had mine for 2.5 years now, and it's still one hell of a light, that beats anything stock.

@LL - If you haven't already, check out the new TN30... dedome it has surprisingly decent throw and spill. Around 90kcd or so.