Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new to lasers

hello,

first off i am new to the laser hobby and i saw dx prices and i immediatly bought a 30mw romisen green laser. i ordered it about a week ago and i cant wait for it to get here! i have heard that many people love their 200mw red lasers from dx because they are cheap and burn stuff.

so my question is, what should i buy next, a 200mw red laser from dx or a more expensive higher quality green laser from  a better company?

i have not bought some eye protection because i figure i am responsible enough not to make accidents with a 30mw green laser, but if i buy a more powerful green laser i will definatly buy ir eye protection! i heard that if i got the 200mw red laser from dx i would not need ir eye protection because red lasers do not emit ir, is this true? if it is this will most likely make me buy the 200mw red dx laser because eye protection is expensive especially after buying an already expensive green laser!

thanks

-laserlover

First off, the IR is not what you need to be concerned about, it is the visible light emitted from the laser! Read over our FAQs, it will answer a lot of questions.

I think you should go with the 200mW red from DX and goggles from shop.stonetek.org .

Reds don't need IR protection.

The red DX200 is a GREAT laser. I have one, I love it.

But. You are gonna want eye protection for it. Maybe for shining around you don't need it but for burning you will, and the DX200 was made to burn :D

Personally I'd go the DX200 over a high powered greenie, just because the DX200 is cheaper and better for burning, and you already have the 30mW for shining.

laserlover said:
thanks, i will go with the red 200mw then!
good choice, i agree with everyone else. go with the high power red for $50, its a great deal if you don't mind the slow shipping.

styropyro said:
First off, the IR is not what you need to be concerned about, it is the visible light emitted from the laser! Read over our FAQs, it will answer a lot of questions.

I think you should go with the 200mW red from DX and goggles from shop.stonetek.org .

I remember the time I sent you a message saying "what is an Axiz module? Does it stop any IR?"
I had no idea. ;D

--hydro15

diachi

Get the red if you want burning, but make sure you get Laser Shades, cause it will burn your eyes seriously if you get a reflection or even just look at the dot for too long.

Diachi