Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to lasers, Info for first build needed

Hi guys,

Im looking for some info for my first build.

I want to build a "drop in module" for my Solarforce L2N torch I already have.

My plan so far is to use these parts:

Jayrob L2P Heatsink (Hot option)
Osram 450 PL450B Diode (DTR)

I will ask Jayrob to set the current to 130mA for hopefully around 100mW power output.

I will get the diode pressed into the Aixiz module by DTR and get leads soldered on.

Im having trouble deciding on which lens to go with since there is so many options. Most of the reviews i have read are also for the M140 diode. So any information would be most helpful here.

Ive been looking at safety glasses and there are so many options and reviews I am confused! :thinking: I was thinking about getting the safety glasses on DTR's site for 190-540nm wavelengths. Are these a good choice for the price? I want to but good glasses first up to save buying more later on.

In the future I am probably planning on also building a green module for the same host will these safety glasses also be sufficient for that?

Is there anything I am missing? I think with all these parts all I will need to do is solder the diode leads to the driver leads and mount it all in my host. Is this right?

Thanks for any help you can give me :D

Luke

Why don't you set the current higher? I just set up one at 304ma and it is beautiful. Other than that you just need to make sure you clean up the contact board in the flashlight so you can solder the driver leads to that and get uninhibited energy flow from the batteries to your driver